Skatter Trees Don't Show up in Reflection when at a Distance

Hello,

I’m running into an issue.

When using skatter OR brush to place trees, they do not show up in window reflections when they are a certain distance away from the reflection plane (the window).

When I place a single tree manually, it does show up in the reflection at the same distance.

I have tested this and discovered that it is distance based. When the trees are a certain distance from the object reflecting, they do not show up in the reflection. When I move the trees closer, they get reflected. The strangest thing is that this is not happening with single manually placed trees at the same distances. This leads me to think it’s some sort of glitch.

I have messed around with my ‘Cull Distances’ but it has not worked. Is there a setting that I’m missing?

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Here are a few images showing what I mean:

1. This is a rough landscape reflecting in the ‘Normal Glass’ texture. It is covered in trees using the skatter tool and one tree placed manually. This is what is reflected:

As you can see, only the single manually placed tree is reflected.

2. Here is an image of that landscape with the skatter trees on it. It’s moved closer than the 1st example, yet still far enough away that it wont reflect:

3. Here is that same position of the land being reflected through the ‘Normal Glass’ texture:

Also, something interesting: When I move or shift the view while looking into the glass, the trees jitter into view for a split second and then disappear immediately. They’re there, but something is blocking them from being reflected.

Hello @ihd,

Sorry for the issue. It is a known issue with the current version. Scattering grass or such is fixed 50 meters in the reflection but is considered to be open to users in subsequent phases.
Thanks for the understanding and pointing this out! :pray: :pray: Here’s a similar case for your reference.

Thanks for the response. Glad to know it’s a known issue.

Is there plans to fix this in the near future?

Hi, it’s still under evaluation and consideration by the team to be open to users in subsequent phases.Thanks for your patience and understanding. :pray:

Hi Leah,

I appreciate the responses.

I hope it’s fixed… I don’t mean to come across as rude, but this is a pretty big deal that, in my opinion, should be a top priority. Reflections are extremely important and a foundation to a rendering software.

The team is doing a great job. Love the software.

Thanks.

1 Like