D5 Scatter not Showing in render

D5 Render Version: Latest
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Rtx 3060

Driver Version: 546.12
Issue Description: I create a landscape with Scatter tool, it’s showing on preview but it’s not showing in render, It’s only showing the nearest area. How can i fix it please anyone guide me.

That is, maybe you need to update the Driver now and

Okay, I am updating and I will update you.
thank you so much for your response sir.

1 Like

Sir! I updated to the latest version. But It’s Still Same.:slightly_frowning_face:

Hi, you make grass with this material and then you use intelligence to change!

Then go to Scatter select the grass you want

I chose the tulips, I go to the grass and click and then create

and I see the result

This is the render

Then I also did the test with glass, which disappeared in your reference, the result is this

Render

Also done with double glazing

Render

And it doesn’t cause any anomalies

The only thing to check is if all the types of grass you have selected are loaded, assuming that you are a subscribed user of D5, because you know that some models load the Free ones while some are not loaded if you are not a PRO

You must check this on the drop-down menu on the right, when you select the Scatter

Dear tools1,
I’ve the exact same issue, that the nature I’ve created isn’t shown in reflections if there is a larger distance between the camera / reflection plane to the nature which should be reflected. @Riccardo I guess if you’ll move the plane in your example more far away from the flowers you scattered, you’ll see that they dissappear as well in reflection. Unfortunately I can’t offer you a solution, I just think this is a limitation of the app.

1 Like

I also think that. It’s a bug or a limitation. And @riccardofortelli I am a pro user and still facing the same issue. If something far away from camera it will not visible in the reflection anymore.

1 Like

Try increasing in preferences, the distance on this

See what happens

Guys, I have been working with all types of programs of all kinds for more than 30 years, some have visual limitations to have the possibility of rendering faster, look and read how a program works, which then always work in the same way.
When there is a large project and the vision of the field is close, having this function makes you go faster, but if you ‘always remember’ you have a deeper vision there is always a way to overcome every obstacle.
This is not a criticism of you, but an encouragement to overcome your limits and not give up at the first obstacle.
I always try to help colleagues who are in difficulty, and in return they give me new ideas to overcome obstacles. And mutual help. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I understand. You’ve been a great help, and I’m very thankful. If you could take a look at my file once, it would be incredibly helpful. I’ve tried various approaches like LOD, cull distance, and rescaling the scene, but the issue persists. I’m not sure what else to try, and it’s affecting the animation quality. I have a deadline to submit the work on Thursday.:slightly_smiling_face:

Ha, I’m sorry about this, but are you sure it doesn’t work, I showed you how to do it you have to increase the distance, if the area to be mirrored can’t be seen you have to bring it from 50 to 1000 and below from 1000 to 5000, look, there are a lot of people, let’s talk of metres

I would like to help you but, ‘not on principle’ I don’t just make videos for clients, also because since the beginning of the D5 program I have used it with a 16GB GTX 1070 laptop, and it is difficult for me to detach myself from this because it has not abandoned me never, I would say, I’ve made them just for myself, out of curiosity, and I had fun. But for a client if he wants movement I prefer the 360° panorama that moves in the environment, so the client enjoys traveling in his future apartment.
It’s a customer management issue. But I don’t disdain the Architectural video which is certainly something else.

Hello @tools1

I also can’t reproduce your issue in my environment. Can you send this scene file to support@d5techs.com for testing? Please attach a link to this post in the email, so I can quickly find you. Thanks! (If the scene file is too large, please only leave the part of the model where the issue exists and save it as a separate file. You can use the WeTransfer link.)

I’m sending you a drive link around 3gb.

1 Like

Did you got the file sir?

Yes. I have tested it in my environment and reproduced the issue. I have reported it to the team. At the moment this is within the expectation that grass or such is fixed 50 metres in the reflection, and is considered open to users in subsequent phases.
For now, you can try to replace it with the terrain grass templates first, cause terrain grass is reflected in the glass both in the preview and the output. Thanks for the understanding! :pray: