Screen turns black or computer crashes when rendering at 4k or rendering video at more than 720

Hi,
My computer is crashing all the time when rendering at more than 2k (sometimes also at 2k) and video rendering at more than 720.
Sometimes it also crashes when just adding a lot of assets (for example grass to a large surface)
It’s weird because the screens turn black, but the computer stays on, sometimes even with the fans at full speed. In all cases, I have to shut down the computer by pressing the power button.

It’s happening with d5 2.5.1 but it happened with previous versions as well…

The computer:
Intel i9 11900k
Nvidia 3080 Ti 12GB
32GB RAM
PSU 800W
All drivers are updated

Do you know what can be happening?
Please let me know if you need more info

Hi mate, sorry for the inconvenience caused by the problem. The hardware seems okay, To confirm, how much size of your scene usually? Do you have the CPU overclocked, please turn off them and then check the result. Also, how large is your computer’s RAM frequency? You can turn off X.M.P or lower the frequency.

You can also refer to this blog for possible solutions: Crashes/Restarts/Fails to Load - Get Help / AnswerHub - D5 RENDER FORUM

If the problem persists, please run a clean installation of the video driver, and also run this dll repair tool: Got notification of “Launch failure might be caused by system DLLs missing, try to repair it automatically?” or stop loading at 0% - Get Help / AnswerHub - D5 RENDER FORUM 2

If still happens, please send the scenes and log files to us for troubleshooting
support@d5techs.com

How to collect log files: D5 Support Tool

Hii! Thanks for tour reply man.

No xmp or overclocking in my ram. Its frequency is 3200 MHz, the one supported by my cpu…

The size of the rhino file is 280MB, and the d5 file is like 20KB (??)

Important thing might be that I have a huge flat surface acting as ground, and habe applied a grass material to it.

Yesterday I did a test rendering video at 1080p:

• Turning on Level of Detail (LOD) everything went ok. However, it didn’t render the grass material, just like a thin green material.

• Turning it off, crashed again.

For reference, see attached a render with the grass material vs a screenshot of the video with the LOD off

Will try tonight the clean installation, etc.
Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

We usually have a project folder, so 20KB is okay for the drs.

if your ground is huge, we don’t recommend using too many 3D grasses which occupy too much resources, you can divide the ground and apply the 3D grass to the main one.

Can you also show us the statistics, you can open it here.

Hi amigo,
It was 600M faces in the scene.
I’ve reduced it to 14M (deleting plants and brushes); reduced the footprint of the ground and replaced the grass material with a standard material / colour.
It still crashes.
By the way, I’ve rendered a video of the “japanese” interior template scene and I’ve had no issues

Hi,
Nothing works.
Sending an email with the required info to support@d5techs.com

Thanks,
Jose

Hey man, got any solution to that problem? I´ve been having the exact same problem and I searched all over the internet with no solution. I´ve done a clean instalattion, reinstall, clean my temp files, reinstall the drivers, disconect perirefal USBs such as mouse and keyboard, unplug the second screen I have, and still happens to me.

And I use other programs, such as Enscape, Lumion, and it doesn´t happen there. It´s only when I use D5.

I am glad and mortified that someone else has the same problem I do.

Sorry for your issue. Please check your VRAM and RAM usage and show us a screenshot.

Recently, I was able to render one image on the same project, but when I tried to render the second one, the screen went black and I had to restart de PC. I have a video but I can’t send it using the forum.

Hello!

It shows that the usage of your VRAM is high. Maybe you could try to lower the VRAM. It is suggested to replace the 3D grass in the distance with texture maps, reduce the Tyndall effect and reduce the use of HD and dynamic assets.