D5 crashes every 2 min

D5 Render Version: 2.8
Graphics Card: NVIDIA RTX4070
Driver Version: 560.94
Issue Description: D5 crashes every 2 min

Hello,

my d5 keeps crashing and it has now become impossible to work with (crashes every 2min)

Need help asap please !

I am having the same problem, if you know ANYTHING to do asap, would be very helpful!

Hello, @acaju

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Has this issue occurred before, or is it the first time you’ve encountered it? Is it happening to all of your files or just a specific file? Before loading your files to D5, was D5 running normally? Can you open and run a demo scene, and does it run normally as well?
Could you please provide your dedicated GPU usage and system info? You can find the guide attached for reference.

Thanks

Hello, @juanjo

Apologies for running into this issue. Please provide details on this issue as well

Thanks

Hello,

Here are the requested infos

D5 has been crashing more and more during the past weeks. It has now come to a point where i can’t use any file more than 2 min before crashing. I can’t try to open the demo file since when i try it shows the following message : “can’t open this projet. It might have been move, renamed, or deleted”

I am also facing the same issue. Here is my System info:

Hello @acaju @richarddip03

Sorry for the issue. If the crash happens in every scene file on your end, it would generally be an issue with your PC environment. Here are my suggestions based on your situation and troubleshooting already undertaken.

@Leah_Li My memory speed is 5200MHz. If this is causing crashes, how can I fix it?

Should I consider downclocking the memory speed?

Hi @richarddip03

Correct. Your RAM speed is too high, it is recommended to decrease it to below 4000MHZ. You could go to BIOS and turn off XMP to change the memory speed, or try to update the BIOS version.

Reference:
https://youtu.be/h-MLhGMtheM?si=U5usadsmYwEfYaA1

2 Likes

Hi @Leah_Li ,

The problems have been resolved! Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like