Cannot import models

I cannot import external models. I select the file and does nothing at all. I have tried different kinf of file formats. Any ideas to fix this?

D5 Render Version:2.1
Graphics Card: rtx3060
Driver Version:
Issue Description:
Screenshots/Videos Description:
Steps to Reproduce (optional):

The objects you can import can be in Skp. ie ‘SKETCHUP OBJECTS’. In the program you can do everything change texture and also soften it. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Hello, the current version of D5 Render supports importing models in these formats: .skp / .fbx / .d5a / 3dm / .abc.
After importing, they will appear in the Import list and we need to place them to the scene manually.
ezgif-2-252e5187cb

If the problem remains, please share with us some details or a screenshot. The model did not appear in that list or in the scene?

When I start a new empty file, I cannot open .fbx models made with 3DsMax. I’ve downloaded a few from Poliigon and 3DSky but when I try to import them, D5 doesn’t even see them in the download folder.

So far I could only import a .fbx file made with Cinema4d.

as Oliver wrote- you need to import the model not open directly

It does not appear in that list. In 2.0 i used to import this model without problems. I tried to download a skp file from 3d warehouse to see if the problem is the model. But still the same.

Hello, it seems the client app does not work normally, could you please try reinstalling D5 Render to cover the current one. https://www.d5render.com/download
Also, please try this test model then see the result.
test.zip (759.7 KB)

Yes this worked form me (reinstall) . Thank you!

1 Like

You are welcome!

1 Like

Regarding the import of .skp models, find out if they can be fixed according to the zero point of origin, instead of placing the model randomly in space. I work with Allplan a BIM cad software for modeling and that allows to export in .skp .c4d. .obj, among others. At the beginning of importing models it seems to me that they square fixed to the point of irrigation but now I can not, is there any way to do it ?, Thank you.

Hello emilisanchez, you can use the Align button inside D5 to keep their relative positions.
Besides, glad to tell you that in the coming D5 2.2, we will release a new feature: keep the origin coordinate of synced objects.

Cheers,
Oliver

1 Like

Hola! Tengo un problema similar al importar. Me he descargado el test.skp y si me aparece el espacio diseñado, pero trabajo desde revit y al importar no me deja arrartrarlo al modelo. Es como si no hubiera cargado porque si me aparece el archivo.

Hello, from the screenshot, the model size is 0.0.0, that is the reason why it cannot appear.
Please update your Nvidia video driver, because this problem is often caused by Nvidia 46x.xx video driver. You can upgrade to the latest 511, then see the result.
Also, please let us know what type of graphic card you use.

Google translate:

Hola, a juzgar por la captura de pantalla, el tamaño del modelo es 0.0.0, por lo que no se puede mostrar.
Actualice su controlador de vídeo NVIDIA, ya que este problema suele ser causado por NVIDIA 46x. Controlador de vídeo XX. Puede actualizar a la última 511 y ver los resultados.
Además, por favor, Díganos qué tipo de tarjeta gráfica está usando.

Also you can try this test file. Can it work in D5 in your computer?

Hola Oliver.J! La gráfica es una RX6700XT. No se como hacer para actualizar los controladores.
Gracias!

Hello, sorry, that may be the issue cause. For now, D5 Render does not support AMD graphic cards because it cannot run our plugins. I will consult the tech team tomorrow.
To confirm, the skp model is exported from Revit, then you imported it into D5 directly, not using D5-SketchUp plugin, right?

Hola, lo siento, podría ser la razón del problema. Actualmente, el render D5 no soporta tarjetas gráficas AMD porque no puede ejecutar nuestro plug - in. Consultaré al equipo técnico mañana.

¿Para confirmar, el modelo SKP se exporta de Revit, y luego se importa directamente en D5 en lugar de usar el plug in D5 SketchUp, verdad?

Hola de nuevo. El modelo lo importo directamente de revit, y es el que me aparece con tamaño 0.0.0. Para ver si el problema era solo con revit, he descargado el archivo prueba.zip y si me deja meterlo.

Hello, sorry to tell you that, for now D5 converter is not compatible with AMD graphic cards, but D5 Render can run with AMD gpu.
So we are not able to run D5-Revit plugin on your computer. The only way to import files into D5 on your pc, is to export skp file format from Revit(built-in feature in Revit), then open the skp file in D5 directly.
I think we will support AMD gpu for D5 converters from D5 2.3.

Hola, siento decirle que el convertidor D5 no es compatible con la tarjeta gráfica AMD en este momento, pero el renderizado D5 se puede ejecutar con la GPU AMD.

Por lo tanto, no podemos ejecutar el plug in D5 Revit en su computadora. La única manera de importar archivos en el ordenador D5 es exportar el formato de archivo SKP de Revit (la funcionalidad incorporada en Revit), y luego abrir el archivo SKP directamente en D5.

Creo que apoyaremos el convertidor D5 de la GPU AMD de D5 2.3.

Entendido. Tendré que esperar entonces para poder usar d5, muchas gracias por la información. Un saludo!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot export models

Hi there,
I have the same problem.
I am working on a giant file(SKP) and creating animation scenes.
I need to make a door opening in a scene so I find that the only way is to import the door model separately on play with it on the scene.

However, the new “door” file will not pop up in the imported list whatever I do.
I did some searches and nothing was found.
I cannot afford to reinstall D5 at the moment because I think all loaded materials and models will be online (deleted from offline) and that is gonna take time to redownload if I need them again.

any other way to solve it?