View too slow and choppy

**D5 Render Version: 2.5
**Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
**Driver Version: 31.0.15.3696
**Issue Description: Preview unusably slow
**Screenshots/Videos Description: even after hiding most vegetation and turning on smooth view, the preview is unusably slow. the video preview is also very choppy. I’m using D5 render in a small window so that it doesn’t have to use many pixels. LOD is on as well.

turned off all lights as well, but still very slow and choppy to navigate in the preview.

Hi mate, can you also screenshot the memory info when you open this scene? Did you sync it or import it to D5? what’s the format and size of this model, does it contain some complicated components? If you think the things above are ok, please send the logs, model, and scene to us for troubleshooting.
support@d5techs.com

How to collect log files:
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

thank you. sent an email.

Wonder if you have received the file, and you are able to open?
I also tried to turn off all weather features, and it doesn’t improve that much.

Hi mate, I only receive the mail with the “cliff house”, Did you use the other account?

As mentioned in email, I couldn’t send the file as it’s a work project. I sent the cliff house since it’s my personal project. The cliff house is also very slow even though it’s quite a simple model. Given the hardware, I thought this should be handled very well. Could you please look into the model why the previous is so slow and choppy even on the smooth mode and weather turned off?

In the meantime, I also emailed a NDA for you to sign so that I could share the work project as well. Thank you.

Hi mate, Is your grass 3d or 2d? You can consider using 2d grass to reduce the file’s size.

Besides, these two objects look complicated, is it possible to separate these two into different layers, hide them when you edit, and unhide them before rendering? You can also do that for all complicated objects.

All grass is just 2d grass, except some parts with D5 grass assets only where it’s up close to the camera.

Although I finally got to make a video, it was such a painful process since everything was too slow. The video preview was too choppy in smooth mode, and I couldn’t really tell if each shots have enough or too much time. It had to be rendered a few times. Also video render took so long, and I wonder if it would be normal? It’s 1:33 duration, 2k with 30 frame, and it took about 13 hours. I would think the hardware should be up to the task (also the latest Nvidia driver when screenshot was taken, currently updated to Aug 8 version)

system info

I tried removing the big structures in the model and purged, but it didn’t really help making things faster unfortunately.

Can you show the info of fps? you can check it by opening the stastics.

Also, please run the benchmark tool and screenshot the result.
D5 Render System Requirements | D5 Render

Looking at other results (https://benchmark.d5render.com/result), mine does seem very slow. Is it just bad hardware or would there be any adjustment that can be made?

My work also has Workspot, and I tried the benchmark from it. Surprisingly, my local hardware with RTX5000 isn’t that much faster than the virtual machine.

I hope that I’m missing something, and there’s a way to make RTX5000 more efficiently work on D5. Or is RTX5000 just not good enough?

Hi mate, According to the benchmark and the rank of RTX5000, it should be okay with general scenes. However, compared with the 40 series, it’s relatively slow. You can consider updating the GPU if you work on big projects usually.

Also, can you send the log files to us, we will find some possibilities to slow your operation.
support@d5techs.com

How to collect log files:
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Can you screenshot the fps statistics when you run this scene?

Here’s FPS (only 4.86, no wonder why it’s soooo slow) for this project.

log file: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

Strange FPS when down to 0.77 when I turned off all lights? Also looks like GPU utilization isn’t that high?

In the meantime, CPU is working very hard.

Even with smooth mode and all weather turned off, it doesn’t help FPS at all.

Hi, mate, as can be seen from the screenshot, all the GPU is used. You can also close the" Adaptive System scaling" which may help to increase some FPS. Syncing by converter sometimes is better than importing directly.

1692175788128_8280B7EC-A1FF-4370-AF3E-B98C77EAF3DF

You can also try to use the 2.4 since some users think the load is relatively good in some scenes. But we actually increase the load of 2.5. Hope it helps.
D5 Render 2.4 Download link - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

It was always this slow and clunky even with 2.4. Adaptive System Scaling was never on (LOD is on, preview distance only at 20m).

Even after removing the linked model, FPS is still 2.4. This doesn’t seem right? Either there’s a bug, or there’s something I’m doing wrong I wonder? With smooth mode, dynamic off, all weather off, FPS is still only at 10.

Here’s dropbox link to the D5 file with the linked model removed.

Could you please take a look if there’s anything that can be done to make it more efficient and fast?

Any thoughts on the file? Even without any linked model, it’s painfully slow although there aren’t that huge amount of D5 assets. You mentioned with RTX5000 and the benchmark, it should be okay with general scenes. However, it’s just not workable this way. I wonder if there’s any bug or something I shouldn’t be doing / adding?

Hi mate, can you close the dynamic, save and reopen it again? I find it operates more smoothly than before. Also, you can consider reducing the dynamic and HD assets in your scenes.

Besides, you can close the wind especailly when you have so many dynamic assests. When you need to render a movie, you can open it again.