Video driver crashed and was reset

Hi Oliver,
Thanks for the reply. I tried running D5 as admin but still facing the same issue.

Graphics cards : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
Driver version : 466.27

Hello,
I have same issue on Lenovo Legion 5, AMD Ryzen 5800H, 3070RTX.
Everytime after I click on Render → Photo D5 render shut down with message above.

Driver 462.31 Studio
d5_immerse.zip (144.2 KB)

Hi fam,

Please check this page: Crashes/Restarts/Fails to Load - Feature - AnswerHub - D5 RENDER FORUM (d5techs.com)

1. The first thing is that we’d better make sure the video driver version is 457.51, since this version has been through amount of tests and functions well, besides, the best video driver is the most stable one, not the latest one.

2. After running D5 as Admin, please restart your computer. Since Windows system will automatically calculate the response time of the graphics card, sometimes the graphics card is still working, but Windows triggers TDR(Timeout detection and recovery) and turn off D5. After starting the D5 render as administrator, we will modify the default TDR response time and it takes effect after the computer restarts( no need to do it multiple times)

Please let me know whether it can help, if the problem remains, we will involve more resource to look into this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the problem. :pray:

Regards,
Oliver

Hello Oliver,
as my laptop was introduced in 2021, I cannot use any 45X driver, only 46X… I’ve tried trick with TDR (also use Tdrdelay.reg file from Lumion), but no sucess, D5 render exits everytime I click on render-photo…

Many thanks Jiri

All right, sorry to hear that. How much GB is your video memory?

And here are the other two possible causes for this problem: Crashes/Restarts/Fails to Load - Feature - AnswerHub - D5 RENDER FORUM (d5techs.com)

Please let me know if the problem remains, I will send your log to our tech team for further troubleshooting. Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
Oliver

Hello Oliver,
I have brand new Lenovo Legion 5 laptop with nVIDIA 3070 RTX with 8GB video memory. Tried all drivers available (all are 46X as this laptop is brand new - so I cannot install 45X drivers). I’ve blocked all software, but issue still remails…

Many thanks any solution Jiri

Hi jura55,

There are two folders named “Logs”. Please compress them and send to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com, which can help us know the crash issue better
• Win C: “%local appdata%\d5_immerse\Saved\Logs”
• Installation Directory of D5 Render: “D5 Render\logs”

Besides, you mentioned the problem occurs when rendering photos, so is the scene file very large? It would be good if you could share with me the scene file as well as the logs.
(The scene file is the folder which contains the .drs file)

I am sorry for the inconvenience, and we do want to help. So if you don’t want to use email, please share logs via private message on this forum.

Best regards,
Oliver

Hello,
logs are here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arf-_OLLGj-ig8FNwFo-UjeKSs0YsA?e=BFZWc6

Many thanks Jiri

Hi Jiri,

I have downloaded the logs and involved more resources to look into it. I will inform you when any updates come out. Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
Oliver

Hello Oliver , may I know are there any driver 46xx version that woould work stable with D5 ? Im experiencing the same issue as Jura55

After updated to 466. my DLSS stop working
and I have been trying to follow all of the recommendation here

Hi christian,

Sorry to hear that. Could you give some details about how ‘DLSS stop working’?
The scene had no difference after you switched DLSS, or something else?
If would be good if you can share a screenshot or video with us, we will help you narrow down the issue cause first.

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver Thank you for your prompt reply,

1. Image Render working well with DLSS on and I am Able to render in 6K with the Raytrace
    2.‘DLSS Stop Working’ when I tried to render video with DLSS on… , It showed the same notification as others expereiencerd "video card crashed…

DLSS ON , Video Rendering

DLSS OFF ,Video Rendering no problem

DLSSS ON , image rendering no problem

Ok, so you have tried methods like running as admin and they did not solve the problem, right? I consulted the tech team, they give suggestions as below:

1. When you turn on DLSS and Realtime, will D5 crash?
  2. This problem can repro more than one time? I mean each time you render video with DLSS on, it will crash?
  3. Please send us the two logs for further investigation:
    • Win C: “%local appdata%\d5_immerse\Saved\Logs”
    • Installation Directory of D5 Render: “D5 Render\logs”

We will check the log and reply as soon as possible, you can either share them here, or send them to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com

Best regards,
Oliver

Installed newest 466.27 from 18th May, still crashes everytime I click Render - Photo, also in projects downloaded from D5 website

Many thanks Jiri

Hi Oliver ,

1. Yes I did it , took the suggested steps but it didnt work
  2. yes this has been happening everytime I was tryin to render video with the DLSS On
    3.Noted , I will send my lgo through email

Thank you

Hello Oliver,
with 1.9.0 with latest Nvidia drivers no issue at all! Good job guys!

Regards Jiri

1 Like

Hi Christian,

Have you updated to 190.0291? We have checked the logs you sent, and the latest version should optimize the resource calculation which caused the issue you met, so can you render videos now? If the issue remains feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver ,

Thank you so much Oliver the new 190 works well with the latest driver!!! arrived just in time for my next week presentation HAHAHAHAHAH …

regards

Christian

Oh, so glad to hear that! Break a leg! And please remember to backup your important files.

Regards,
Oliver