Very slow viewport - please optimize it

Hi. I noticed that the viewport in D5 v 2.4 is much slower than 2.3? Developers, can you add a low-detail view (no textures and materials or just flat textures without reflections etc) as it was in the 2.3 version?

I have opened a large-scale project I prepared in the 2.3 version and it is very slow to work with.

Please make some optimization. I have RTX 3090 but the viewport is extremely slow. It’s work also to implement Cul Ddistance also for trees and other scattered/painted objects - not only grass.
In video mode should be also possible to turn off the clouds moving etc.

D5 Render Version: 2.4
Graphics Card: RTX 3090
Driver Version:
Issue Description: SLOW VIEWPORT
Screenshots/Videos Description:
Steps to Reproduce (optional):

2 Likes

Hi, the smooth mode function is included in the 2.4 version, which is the same as the low quality mode function of 2.3. You can try it, this function is in the display on the upper right.

You can check the fps, if the fps is too low, it will also cause the viewport to be slow.

And you can try to update the latest graphics card studio driver (531.41), using the previous graphics card driver will cause D5 to crash. :smiley:

Hi,
The smooth mode in D5 2.4 is very slow. In the 2.3 version there was 3 different modes of viewport which was much better in my opinion.

Hi, can you tell us the fps value of your scene and the size of your scene? And if it’s convenient, you can send us this scene(support@d5techs.com). This can help us troubleshoot issues.

You can use our Benchmark tool to test fps: Benchmarkhttps://benchmark.d5render.com

I sent the file to you on e-mail via wetransfer.

Please check it for me.

Wow! Huge file but cool project!
I have the same spec and it chugged but I’m not surprised. Did this scene run smoothly on 2.3?

Also, how did you create the site map - it’s massive!

Hi,
Thank you. Unfortunately, this project is not very smooth in viewport even if you turn off almost all of the layers. I think there should be some basic preview mode without textures - just the colors of the objects. In my Blender software, it works smoothly.
I think the Distance Cul should be working for all distributed objects - including trees and bushes…not only grass.
The site map I prepared in Blender.

Hello, we have received the scene you sent, and we will help you solve the problem as soon as possible. :smiley:

1 Like

I have a question: How to check if D5 is recognizing (using) my external graphic card?

I’m not sure if after the update to v 2.4 D5 is seeing my external RTX3090. I have internal RTX2080 and external RTX3090.
In the system info I can see only RTX 2080 as below

I have turned off my RTX2080 however D5 still is showing me that my GPU is RTX2080, not 3090. Performance is very low as it was RTX2080.
Can you add some option to check which exactly GPU is used? Maybe some option to choose which GPU you want to use - one or maybe both etc?
In D5 v 2.3 the animation sequence was rendered in a few minutes in 4K resolution. Now it’s showing me over 3 hours for 10 seconds of animation in full HD.

This is very urgent case as I have to deliver the animations to my client ASAP. The animation is rendering veeery slow. I think it’s 10 times slower that in 2.3 version. Can you help me please!?

Can I install the older 2.3 version independently?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Low FPS after 2.4 update

I noticed that after installing 2.4 and going back to 2.3, the software can regognize my RTX3090 only in the first startup after installation. If I close it and open it again, it’s showing me that I have RTX2080.

From where can I download older versions of D5 render?

Hi, you can try this way in the Nvidia Control Panel to make sure D5 Render is running with your 3090.
How to Switch Between Dedicated GPU and Integrated Graphics (helpdeskgeek.com)
If the setting is already set to RTX 3090 for D5 Render, but in D5 it still recognizes 2080 and the viewport is slow, please let us know. Also we may need a log file for further troubleshooting.
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Hi, Thank you. My other 3D software is recognizing my RTX3090. Currently, I have reinstalled my D5 2.3 version and restored older Nvidia drivers because I have to finish my projects for the client. I will try some other solutions with version 2.4 later.
Overall, please implement Distance Culling also for trees and other scattered objects, not only for grass. That would be very helpful. Another viewport mode would be nice - that utilizes minimum resources - no textures, only random color per object.

Alright, to confirm, now you are using 2.3, and it works smoothly?

Hi, Yes, I’m using 2.3 much smoother.

Alright, thank you for the updates. We will look into this issue. By the way, can you use the support tool to collect a log file of 2.3, then send it to us for troubleshooting?
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM