Version 2.1 is very bad!

D5 Render Version: 2.1
Graphics Card: RTX 3060 ti

Driver Version:
Issue Description:
Screenshots/Videos Description:
Steps to Reproduce (optional):

Hello D5 render team! How are you?
I come through this post to show you some bugs and a deep disappointment with the latest D5 render update!
The program lost realism and the light calculation was worse than the previous version.
This should be the biggest asset of this version but it was too
worse than the previous one.
Below, just a few problems from a job I noticed.
Besides this, there were many other problems compared to the previous version.

• bad preview window
  • Light leaks
  • bad light calculation (GI)
  • Bad metal materials
  • Bad cloth material (it always gets very dark)
  • Bad curtain material
  • the program does not recognize windows shortcuts
  • search button does not work

I know that epique works hard to improve the program,
but it’s no use focusing on news when the main function of the program, which is calculating lighting and reflections, is not being done CORRECTLY and STABLE.
The program leaves a lot to be desired compared to professional renderers such as Corona.
keep going!

2 Likes

Fala @Tiago_Bastos, tudo bem?

Você é brasileiro? Engaraçado que sua cena está ficando muito diferente das minhas cenas por aqui.

Esses prints são de renders ou da tela? Uma coisa que notei no D5 é que a qualidade de samples aumenta quando aumenta a resolução do render. Tem um pulo grande especialmente para renders acima de 4000 pixels. Depois tenta isso, aumentar a resolução para aumentar o numero de samples.

Quanto aos materiais, precisa configurar tudo, sempre desliga o autoexposure para fazer config de materiais e testa com render mesmo, que tem uma pequena variação de qualidade entre o render e o preview da tela!

Depois conta se faz alguma diferença e conta mais ai sobre o que está descobrindo! o D5 para mim tem sido uma exelente escolha para desenvolvimento de projeto, com um excelente balanço entre realismo e velocidade, especialmente para cenas internas!

Abração e bom trabalho na cena ai!

2 Likes

depois olha esse post aqui também:

https://forum.d5render.com/t/best-way-to-set-natural-light-scene-for-interiors/5683

Tem uma boa explicação de como fazer iluminação mais natural para interiores.

1 Like

E também toma cuidado com o specular. O especular ainda não é tão bom, ele capta toda a luz indireta e cria esses reflexos estranhos. Diminui ele a ponto de não aparecer a cor do environment. Mas cada caso é um caso

2 Likes

Hi Tiago,

I already reported the reflection/light leak bug. It has to do with placing objects far away from the model. If you would delete objects that are far away the problem should be resolved (temporary workaround).

Hi @Blend !
In fact…this project I made is very large in scope! It’s over 700m long! I’ll break it down into smaller models to see how the program behaves! Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

Fala @dnmorato !
Sou brasileiro sim! Cara…o que vc falou faz todo sentindo, mas acho que o mais correto é o programa se comportar estável em todas as configurações. Não é dever do usuário tentar ficar adivinhando esses macetes, mas é de bom hábito reportar esses problemas para que eles fiquem cientes e concertem!

Mas acho nosso colega gringo alí embaixo matou a charada: Esse projeto que fiz é muito grande quase todo programa tem esses problemas quando o projeto é grande…até Vray e Corona. Não lembrava disso!

Eu vou tentar dividir em porções menores para testar!

@lucascastro vlww pela dica cara!

No problem, should be resolved then. D5 is aware of this current ‘bug’ and looking to resolve altough its not easy.

after placing object far away

1 Like

Thanks @Blend !
Really a big difference! I’ll do the tests and then come back to tell you if it worked!

This really sucked for me as my client was disappointed and I lost the job since the renders weren’t as realistic as they used to be. Really tried a lot on my end trying to fix the lighting but never occurred to me it could be a problem in D5 since in my mind by default 2.1 is supposed to be better than 2.0.

1 Like

hi awaishssn

I have a little time. Can you send me your D5 files.
I would be interested to know why you lost the job for not fully realistic rendering.
I can’t imagine that.

@awaishssn

D5 RENDER is an interesting option because the proposal is to offer a realistic result with few settings and low render time.

If the user spends a lot of time trying to fix problems that shouldn’t be in the program, this proposal no longer makes sense!

1 Like

Hello Tiago, the reflection problem you met is due to a known issue which we will fix, and it is not normal behavior of reflection in D5. We are sorry for disappointing you with regard to the updates and optimization, and I have let dev team know how important it is to eliminate this kind of problem.
Considering a solution to the problem you met, you can check this topic:
Weird lighting and reflection with relatively big scenes - Get Help - D5 RENDER FORUM
Find the item which makes the whole scene very large, delete or move it then reopen the scene file, and everything will return to normal.
Of course, if you can send the scene file(the whole folder) to us(support@d5techs.com), we will help you check the file directly and it will help a lot for us to test this issue.
At last, D5 2.2 beta testing will start soon, and hope you stay tuned and wait for our fixes and new features.

Sorry to hear that you ran into this problem, Awais. We will provide more tips and tutorials about how to achieve better results with new versions :pensive: Some people like your clients may like more depth to rendering output, and we will have a solution to that in the coming 2.2 version.