Realistic Carpet

Hello, I am looking to find a way to improve the realism of the carpet within my interior scene. I have included a resized 4k render of a closeup shot of the current carpet I have inserted within the scene. I have experimented with various settings to improve realism although I believe that D5 is limited to flatter looking styles at the moment. If anyone can help, this would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to point out that when rendering a realistic scene, one component that looks unrealistic will make an entire render look poor even if the rest of the image is technically spectacular in quality. This is an unfortunate reality and I believe most visualizers understand this well.

If I could make a suggestion, D5 does have some settings available for 3d grass, and if you think about it, fur or other textured carpets are not much different in some ways to how 3d grass functions. I wonder if grass functionality can be somehow used for fur like materials?

Hi mate, you can refer to this post for some possibilities to make the carpet
Export FUR / Grass Material - Get Help - D5 RENDER FORUM

Hello forums
I was asked by Bruce W. to explain how to make a carpet with fur, the mechanism is similar to what I did with the pillow only to have the effect of the fur a little inclined I used another type of grass and then I gave it a color.

Now I show you changing color.

This object, ie a plane, is loaded by the graphics program, it is not an object of the D5 program, because the grass application does not adhere to the object.
Then it must be opened by the graphics program.

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: