Export FUR / Grass Material

what material did you use?

Did you create this with D5?

Yes. With self-made materials and grass. Blanket created in SketchUp with Clothworks.
But there is no point in creating such models, if they cannot be exported and re-used in other scenes :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Want to know how to save for use in your future projects?

I know how to save it or export it. But when re-importing it in another scene, the FUR material is gone!

I’m trying to do it directly on D5, if I can I’ll let you know how
But I don’t give you the certainty that I can

ok sounds great, thanks :ok_hand:

If you need the scene I can share it, no problem.

I did it in an instant I just took a pillow from the library and I helped the weed

This is better as a picture
Here I have removed the Material of the grass and put a color

Yes, I see. Now try to export it and re-import it in another scene, which doesn’t have the weed/grass information…good luck :sweat_smile:

Thanks, good luck to you too :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

It won’t work, that’s the problem. Creating it is simple, reusing it is impossible at the moment, at least I don’t figure out how since grass cannot be exported.
Maybe @ruby has and idea and can help with this.

If the herb is part of the D5 library it is used at the moment you need to use it, this you can do in any Project Files you upload, I have a pillow, a towel, a rug, in that case you use the herb I have indicated, you take away the material and play on the color, as I showed you. But if you have already inserted these furry objects on your project, the problem is not there.
If instead you want to export the material created by D5, this is not part of the program, because it is a render engine, not a graphics program.
There are some render programs that do this, like Artlantis, maybe in the future they will.
But in my opinion, due to their policy it is difficult for them to do so.
I hope I understood your problem and gave you some answers.:smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

No, I think you didn’t understand the issue, unfortunately. As stated in my first post the material is created inside of D5 (with D5 library elements, nothing exotic) of course but since I’ve used grass to populate the pillow and blanket, the outcome cannot be reused in another project. Example: I create a pillow with grass (fur) applied to it and then want to use it in a new project, well, this will not be possible as explained before because the object will be exported without the geometry information of the grass.
Waiting for someone of D5 to chime in and perhaps help with this. Otherwise is not a problem. At some point this feature will be available for sure in a further version of D5. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, I misunderstood. sorry, this fact that you exhibit, an object like grass with those characteristics you want to use, save it as a material is to use it for other projects, maybe in the future D5 will. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

no worries, thank you anyway for your help

1 Like

Hi mate, did you scatter grass models to make this, or by using the grass material template?
For now, the brush records cannot be saved when exporting a model; but if you use grass material instead, it should be saved and can be reused in other scenes. ( if the models you use are the same as grass material, then you can try using grass material to replace them)
We will share your suggestions with our product team, thanks!

Hi Olivers
I also thought about what you said, and I did some tests, but it’s not possible, because it doesn’t measure up to a fur coat, it reaches a height of about 5 cm, even if you put zero.
Then there is the fact that only the texture without grass remains at the end, so it would have been nice if it worked well, and this needs to be improved, I think in the future it can be applied to all surfaces, giving different heights from grass to hair or fur , give a color or a design image like a Persian carpet, with this method.
Thanks Oliver, you are always great. :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello forums
I was asked by Bruce W. to explain how to make a carpet with fur, the mechanism is similar to what I did with the pillow only to have the effect of the fur a little inclined I used another type of grass and then I gave it a color.

Now I show you changing color.

This object, ie a plane, is loaded by the graphics program, it is not an object of the D5 program, because the grass application does not adhere to the object.
Then it must be opened by the graphics program.