Problems Saving / Crashing

**D5 Render Version: Current version
Graphics Card: RTX 3080
Driver Version: Most recent RTX from Sept 22
Issue Description: unable to save files or file save takes along time. When doing a Save As file stops and hangs 10%. If I try to Save it just hangs.
I have an SSD Drive
Screenshots/Videos Description:
Steps to Reproduce (optional):

Here is a link to the file:

• Saving is painful if it works. It stops at 10% and can take 10-15 minutes to save or crash.
  • I have been getting random crashes as well. I updated my driver, still getting random crashes.
  • The files are being saved on Dropbox so is this a sync issue since its saving the assets?
  • Is it re saving assets every-time we save?
  • This is the first D5 model I have run into these problems. I have worked with much larger and more detailed files without issues or long save times while on Dropbox.

Just to add this - I use Nearmap high resolution aerials. Can that be causing the problem? It;s not the aerial. Had a simplified version of the file.

Thanks for help.
Daniel Tal

1 Like

Hi,I downloaded the file from this Dropbox link and it getting stuck at 10% when I save it.

Is the .skp file “ATC Chevron-0.skp” synced to D5 using D5 converter-sketchup? If so, which version of D5 Converter-SketchUp are you using?
You can check the version number by clicking on the last settings button of the plugin

It seems you are experiencing a problem caused by the 0.7.0 version of the D5 Converter-SketchUp plugin:

We fixed the problem in the latest D5 Converter-SketchUp:

Please try to download and install the latest D5 Converter-SketchUp((Version: 0.7.2.0001)), then open “ATC Chevron-0.skp” in SketchUp, click the start button of the plug-in, and then try to save the scene after linking with it to see if the situation still occurs.

If “ATC Chevron-0.skp” is imported directly into D5 and this problem occurs, please send this .skp file and logs file to us to locate the problem, you can use D5 Support Tool to collect logs, please send to support@d5techs.com.

Regards,
Lia

Hello
I did not use the SketchUp converter. So I downloaded two versions of the converter, the current and previous version. The issue remained, the save takes along time or crashes.It is just saving that is the issue the sync itself seems to be working.

I was not having any issues with D5 until this model using a convertor or no convertor.

We are deadline critical so the only choice is to take this model and rebuild it in Lumion.
This is very disappointing since we are doing test projects for our firm to transition from Lumion to D5 but this a huge bump in the road.

If you can’t reliably save files, whats the point? I hope this can be addressed quickly as we love D5 and want to use it but this needs to be addressed before I can present this as a viable alternative.

Thanks
Daniel Tal
Digital Studio Manager Confluence
Author: SketchUp for Site Design
Owner: www.suplacemaker.com and www.sketchurbanpaint.com

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the feedback.

First I’m very sorry for the inconvenience brought by the issue.Then in order to figure out this issue, we need you to provide log files and this .skp file(as it happened to the specific model file) which can help us to better reproduce and know this issue and figure it out as soon as possible.

How to get logs file - Please refer to D5 Support Tool and send it to support@d5techs.com

Thank you very much.

Was this ever resolved as I am running into the same issue?

I’m having the same issue with saving and it started when I updated to 2.5 version . I sent the support team my log files . So hopefully they fix it and reach out soon . I had to revert to 2.4 to continue working on my projects

Hi mate, where did you save your files? local or the server? it’s normal that it stuck at 10%, abnormal stuck at 0, which one do you meet, can you provide more details?If it persists and last too long, please tell us again

I am having the issue when saving to our server, which will make D5 Teams unusable for our firm.

Hi mate, Our Research team will keep looking at this saving issue and fix it in the next updates. For now, if you want to use 2.5, save it to a local location and then copy it to the server. I hope it can be fixed soon.

@aaime How did you go about reverting to 2.4 version? I need to do the same but I’m not finding the 2.4 installer anywhere.

Hey @dan , I messaged Bruce W and he sent me the download for 2.4 and also the older revit plugin. It allowed me to work on my projects again. D5 said that they found the issue with the 2.5 version with saving and that they will be releasing an update in about two weeks to fix it.

Thank you so much for the response. I’ll reach out to @Bruce.W and see if I can get the old installer…or maybe I can get it from you?

@dan it’s no problem! Bruce should be able to send it to you. The forum won’t let me upload links I think due to security reasons. Bruce is pretty fast at responding so I’m sure he can send it soon to you .

1 Like

Hi mate, Here is the 2.4 download link:
D5 Render 2.4 Download link - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

1 Like

I will get this downloaded now. I will need to uninstall the 2.5 version first before installing the old version, correct?

I uninstalled the 2.5 version and reinstalled it to see if there was some corruption in the install and after doing so I was able to finally open the project file…but…upon opening the project file I was informed that there are out of date assets in the project. I went ahead and clicked the “updated all” button. It went through and downloaded and updated all of the assets that were out of date but at the end of all of that the whole program crashed and just closed again. Maybe something with those assets being replaced? What do you think?

You don’t need to, just change the path to install. I am afraid the problem is caused by the RAM. You can refer to the way in this post. But you have to delete some assets.

Project From D5 V2.4.3.1078 Not Opening In V2.5.1.0319 - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM