[Hot issue] Crash when rendering, low FPS, saving stuck at 10% after upgrading to 2.3 #20220824

Issue description

Hi there, recently some users reported that after upgrading to D5 2.3, the FPS and rendering speed dropped down. Also, the scene file sometimes crashed when saving, rendering or loading materials, which did not happen before.

We have identified that the issue cause is not D5 Render 2.3 itself, but a recent update of D5 Converter for SketchUp. The behaviour is that models imported (synchronized) by the plugin would consume more RAM than normal, because it has more meshes/instances. Therefore, the overall performance would get affected.

Solution

Before our new fix for D5 Converter for SketchUp comes out, it is recommended to

1. Install the new version of plugin:
    D5_Converter_SketchUp_zip (2.0 MB)
  2. Or you can open .skp files in D5 Render directly.

For models that are already imported with the problem, please turn off other software that may consume a lot of RAM. Also, switching to medium/low quality can help save RAM usage.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this problem, and thank you all for your patience and support.

3 Likes

Hi, im experiencing this problem, for the downgrade skp converter version should i take out the current/latest version first or just overwrite from extension manager - install extension?

hi, you can install to overwrite the current version directly.

Hi Oliver,
i tried and this happen

Note: when i overwrite the current version which has .exe format with .rbz(i did with install extension from extension manager, close skp and open skp this 2 picture shown)
No more D5 icon and when i open extension manager the D5 converter status become unsigned

Note: Unsigned status when i downgrade the d5 converter version

Hello, it seems the installation was abnormally finished. Please uninstall the plugin, then close SketchUp, and install it again via the .rbz file.

And when it lets you update, choose Remind me later.

Hi, thanks for fast reply. I just did that and still the same.

uninstall the plugin, then close SketchUp, and install it again via the .rbz file. without uninstall latest converter from control panel

Hello, please install this one and check the result:
D5_Converter_SketchUp_usa_0.7.1.0004.exe.7z (2.0 MB)

1 Like

Hi Oliver,
I think this version is great! No more saving process force quit bug and LOT faster.
Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Hi Oliver.J!
Do you have the version 0.7.1.0004 .rbz file to share?

I’ve tried to install in every way through the .exe file and the plugin doesn’t work.

Can you help me please?

Hello, can you let me know how “it does not work”? the plugin does not show up, or cannot sync?
Sorry I do not have 0.7.1 .rbz file yet, and only 0.6.1.
D5_Converter_SketchUp_usa_0.6.1.rbz.7z (1.0 MB)

Today i tried video render. Duration of video is 12sec. Also i opened Sketchup file in D5 and did not use convertor. Speed is very very low of rendering but main problem is that it crashes and restarting my PC. How can i solve this problem? Or will come soon D5 2.4 without this problem?

@georgemelkadze Hi there, we need to know more information to locate what is happening.
What Graphics card, driver version, and how many wattage power supply is being used?
What is the memory usage shown by Task Manager and the video memory usage shown by GPU-Z when rendering this video?

For reference, common causes of automatic computer restart:

1. Insufficient power output of the power supply. When the scene is running or rendering occupies more CPU resources, the CPU needs a higher power supply, the power supply is underpowered and overloaded causing the power supply to protect and stop outputting. After the power supply stops outputting, the load is reduced and the power supply starts up again.

2. High CPU temperature often causes protective automatic restart. The reason for high temperature is basically due to the chassis, poor CPU cooling.

3. Poor thermal stability of the memory. It can work normally when it is first turned on, but when the memory temperature rises to a certain temperature, it will not work properly, resulting in a crash or automatic restart.

Hello everyone, I know i am little late but i solved same problem by using a grass material instead of using grass for mass area, it did fixed my problem and increase in performance by 90%, i am posting here if anyone gets help from it.

1 Like