PC restarts while rendering

D5 Render Version: 2.1.0.0303
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX3060
Driver Version: 511.9
Issue Description:
Just downloaded D5 render and the issue is whenever I try to render the test scene (or any other scene in fact) the render gets to 80/90% and my PC just restarts.

Can someone help me figure out what might be causing this issue ?

Excluding D5 problems for now (developers can be more precise in finding the problem) I would try to see if it is a hardware problem. The rtx video card needs a lot of power, and when you render the card processes a lot and wants a lot of power. The reboot could be a power problem. Your power supply has what power? I have an 850w for a rtx 3070 and amd 1920 and I’m fine.

check in windows computer management, maybe it is a problem of kernel power.
i had 3/4 times this problem, once when i was playing Cyberpunk 2077, the other times when i was working in D5 (but not rendering). I’m still investigating the problem.

My power supply is 650.
I initially had two gpu, the rtx and nvidia quadro p4000. Both run on this power supply.

I tried them out in Cycles and lumion while d5 was downloading.

It worked perfectly. Then crashes in d5.

Thought ut was the power supply so I took one card out, leaving the rtx in. Still didn’t fix the issue. I’ve recorderd a video to seenif It is overheating, but that’s also not the case. The gpu temp before restart is 57 degrees C.

It is weird that other software are running perfectly and the issue is only with the d5. ;(

Event properties? Kernel Power?

Does the crash occur after the graphics card is replaced?
Computer power may be depleted over time. For 3060, we recommend 750w power supply.
Hope it helps!

Done that. Nothing helps. Really don’t understand why.

Perhaps it might be the fault of the power supply, but then how is it possible that other softwares are running perfectly, with the same power supply and two GPU’s connected.

Nvidia recommends 550 power supply in order for the 3060 to run.

When D5 is running, it will indeed take up more resources, because D5 is completely based on RTX ray tracking technology. Unleash all the performance of your graphics card.

Please send us the two logs.
• C:\users\username\AppData\Local\d5_immerse\Saved\Logs
• Installation Directory of D5 Render: “D5 Render\logs”
please compress logs in this place and send them to hao.wang@d5techs.com

After the holidays, we’ll help you check the issue to see if it’s caused by some other cause.

Hello, please follow whao’s advice for further troubleshooting, thanks for your patience.
As a general suggestion, do not run GPU/CPU overclock settings.
Also, make sure this setting for D5 Render is off.

Worked once. Tried to render again, the same scene and PC restarts again. :cold_sweat:

nvidia game drive or studio?
Try switching it might work.

Also tried that, dorstly i had the game drivers,
then installed studio drivers. Still doesn’t work

Really awesome.

Hello K, D5 does not have the administrative permission to stop or restart the whole computer, as we checked the logs, this “restart” behavior is mainly related to the GPU, as the GPU usage is always over 95%. We could only suggest you not run any overclock settings on your computer.
Besides, you can monitor the GPU usage when playing some AAA games, will it cause PC restarting? If yes, you may need to check the status of the video card.
If possible, you can try switching to a bigger power, or reinstall the system.

Best regards,
Oliver

I have upgraded my PSU to a 1000W and still PC restarts when I try to render. Any more ideas what it might be causing the issue ?

Hello, could you please let me know what type/brand your graphic card is? For example, MSI has its own program called Game Boost, which is a overclock setting, and you may need check whether your computer has this kind of overclock settings.

Second, to confirm, now your computer has only one graphic card (RTX 3060), right? Please make sure the monitor is connected to the GPU, not the mother board.

If the problem remains, please send the logs files again:

1. A folder called logs, in the installation directory of D5 2.1
  2. A folder called Saved, in C:/Users/your account/AppData/local/d5_immerse
    And my email is ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com

Thank u for your patience!
Oliver

Hi
I had a similar problem. My system would restart at 5% of the rendering process.
Initially everything worked fine.
My system is as follows:
msi z370m gaming pro ac
9900KF
64GB
RTX 3090 FE
I upgraded my system ssd so did a clean installation and upgraded the bios.
Then on the clean installation D5 would make my system restart at 5%. Other rendering software would work fine. So I upgraded the gpu drivers as well with same results.
Eventually I downgraded my bios to my previous version and that seemed to be the issue.

This is what worked for me, maybe this info will be useful to someone…

1 Like

Hello, regarding “upgrade your bios”, you turned on overclock settings or did other changes?
Thank you for sharing your solution!

No I haven’t touched any overclocking on the bios settings.

bro your issues is solved or not