Optimal Settings for D5 Render in the NVIDIA Control Panel

Hi, I’ve been using D5 Render for a 3+ years now. I used to face an issue for a long time with my textures appearing blurred if they were at a distance.

A few months ago, I discovered from the Forum that setting the option as “Let the 3D application decide” fixed it for me. (Previously I had the Last option selected and set to Quality).

However, I’m still facing issues with anti-aliasing and my renders having a certain “jagged line” look to them. I made a detailed post about it here: Unrealistic Sharpness in Renders - Get Help - D5 RENDER FORUM

I’ve been wondering if this can be dealt with using the NVIDIA control panel settings the same way that the blurred texture issue was solved. Can someone please post their “Manage 3D settings” section from the NVIDIA Control Panel so that I can make sure if that’s the case? These are my current settings, and I’m running the latest NVIDIA Driver:


Thanks!

Hi @Udyn

This setting does help but I want to be straightforward about this.

  • Anti-aliasing (the smoothness of edges in your renders) is an area our team has been working on improving for some time. D5 Render uses a real-time rendering method, which keeps the viewport fast and smooth, but it can show more jagged edges in certain situations than traditional offline renderers.

Our rendering team is actively improving anti-aliasing quality, including better handling of thin objects and vegetation. However, we cannot disclose when this will be released as this is still subject to change and more testing. :pensive:

1 Like

Ah I see, understood. For now, I realised that adding a 0.5-1px gaussian blur on a 4k clip in post works well for me. Looking forward to it!

1 Like