Noise Problem-Semi-transparent blinds/rollers

I am unable to get rid of noise on cloth materials.
need help.

Hi @kuldev.82,

Apologize for having this issue. What D5 version you are currently using? Is this material coming from our asset libraries or coming from your workflow software? Also, could you please send us a screenshot of your materials parameters?

Thank you.

Hi maslu,

I am currently using V 2.6.1. no material is not from asset library I just imported model from 3ds max and applied cloth material to it. sharing material screenshot for ref.

I even tried using material from asset library, but when I switch the material template from Foliage to cloth noise appears again. I basically want translucency in object to look like roller blinds. please suggest if any other way without getting noise.

Hi @kuldev.82

At this time the cloth material template having some noise is within expectations.

For now, the need to create a semi-transparent effect for blinds/ sashes may not be met. You can still choose to use the foliage material template (invisible in raytracing) instead. By the way, the requirement for semi-transparent cloth curtains has been recorded and forwarded to the product team.

Here is an effect of semi-transparent blinds using the foliage material template for your reference.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Thank You guys. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad to help.