How to select GPU in Nvidia Control Panel

Hello,

I have a multi-GPU setup, is there documentation that gives specific instruction on how to select which GPU should be used by D5 render in the Nvidia Control panel?

Julie

D5 Render Version:
Graphics Card:
Driver Version:
Issue Description:
Screenshots/Videos Description:
Steps to Reproduce (optional):

Hi mate, you can choose the settings here (see my screenshot)

If your GPU is not NVIDIA, you can also search “Graphics settings”, and add D5 Render to set preference.

Thank you Bruce. W,

I have two Nvidia cards, 2080 and 3090 , I changed the GPU rendering to the 3090. Which didn’t seem to work, based on feedback from my Task Manager performance of the cards dedicated memory and temperature. When I tried to change CUDA, I am unable to load D5, with an error of missing dll. I follow all the recommendations but still fail and strangely my resource monitor would also fail to open.

What setting exactly do we change in that long list for the D5 render buffer to use my 3090?

Thank you again for taking the time to help.

Julie

1 Like

Hi mate, can you send the log files to us for troubleshooting? it can show the GPU working information.

How to collect log files:
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Help center address:
support@d5techs.com

Hi Bruce,

An additional note, when I look under Windows Graphics Setting for D5 Render in the Options, only my Nvidia RTX 2080 is visible. To be sure, other render engines I use like, Vray, Unreal or Enscape, I am able to see 3090 and/or change the engine config file to take the rtx3090 in UE for example.

I will see about sending a report.

Julie

I am dealing with the exact same issue today (12/7/23).

Was this ever solved? I switched my NVIDIA - Control Panel to enable my new GPU and now am having issues starting D5 due to ‘Missing dll’. I have restored the Control Panel to standard settings, but D5 still does not work. I need the software for work, so this would be nice to get figured out soon. Your time and input would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps share the solution here, so that a future D5 User is helped as well. Thank You. - Jakub

The download package may be incomplete, we recommend using Chrome or Edge browser to download. Or the third-party decompression software decompression process lost files. We recommend using Windows official decompression or 7-zip. Also you can confirm the change of installation, install on a different disk.
Hope it will help you. :smiley:

This was not a solution. I already had D5 Render working and now it’s broken, after making adjustments and trying to switch back. I have also downloaded the ’ FileRelaceTool ’ from Help and it does not solve my issue. I have been unable to use D5 Render and there seems to be no Help, without a Pro Account. Perhaps I will need to upgrade to fix software I am already paying for that does not work on my end?

Hi @jakubgalczynski ,
just to confirm, do you also have multi-gpu? Please tell me all your graphics card and which one is recognised by D5 handware test. Can you launch D5 normally if you disable other graphics card in Control Panel?

Regards,