**Issue Description: BUILDING FLICKER
**Screenshots/Videos Description:
ezgif-7-6299006610

**Steps to Reproduce (optional):
Same members closeup

I have no idea how to fix this. I have had this discussion before as well
Here are the settings for the camera.
Screenshot 2024-07-19 103000

No matter what I do, Switch off DLSS/Frame generation/onoroff Super generation/SR image rendering Beta. All result in that flicker. This is the only reason why clients are moving to a max rendering solution to not have such flickering.

Im sending out an image sequence images here for ref as i cant share with u the file. you can see how each image changes the members opacity of the verticle members making it have its flicker issue.
Screenshot 2024-07-19 103312
Screenshot 2024-07-19 103333
Screenshot 2024-07-19 103328
Screenshot 2024-07-19 103324
Screenshot 2024-07-19 103320
Screenshot 2024-07-19 103337
Screenshot 2024-07-19 103340

Its a 30fps clip so it takes 5frames for it to comeback.

We need help to fix this. This is not a modeling issue. I dont know what is the reason why this happens.

Sorry for this issue.
It is recommended that you can check your model to see if there is any resurfacing of the flickering parts.
Also, you can try rendering this video with another fps or resolution to check if the problem still occurs.

yup tried 24/60 & 120 doesn’t matter, all cause same issue. Did you notice only one elevation member flickers and not the other one. Its something in D5 not the modeling software. BTW the video/GIF is taken from the main display screen. What shows on the main working screen shows up in the render as well.

Hello. Thank you for your reply. Is this flickering object only in D5 and not in the modelling software? Would it be convenient for you to send us your modelling software along with the scene file to check?
If you are not convenient to send the full file, you can delete the irrelevant content in the scene and keep only the relevant part of the problem.
You can share a link here or send your file to our email. (support@d5techs.com, please describe the problem and attach the link of this post to your mail)

Best regards!

Is this flickering object only in D5 and not in the modelling software?
Yes this flickering object is only in d5 and not in the modelling software. If it had been any kind of a Z-fighting issue I would have resolved it in sketchup itself before bringing it into d5 for working.

The modelling software is Sketchup. There is some issue with sketcup and D5 i have noticed that has to do with components. Its behaves abnormally when we use components in sketchup.

* *(Components= Basic rules of modeling in SketchUp* *
* *There are five basic rules of modeling in SketchUp.* *

* *Rule #1: If you are going to use something more than once in your model, make a Component of it.* *
* *This applies to copying things. Make a Component of it first, then copy the Component.* *
* *Rule #2: Draw everything on Layer0. (This is the default layer, so unless you actively change it, everything you draw will be on this layer.)* *
* *Rule #3: Before you copy a Group, first consider making it into a Component.* *
* *Rule #4: Context click > Make Unique if you need to change some components to be different than others of the same definition.* *
* *You can not make too many Components. You can always simplify later. When you explode all of a component, it (they) turns back into basic geometry and the definition can be purged from the model.)* *

But this flicker here is nothing to do with components. Also I’m so sorry my company won’t allow me to send any files to you. Maybe in the near future when the NDA has been lifted and i could share with you i would. But untill then you could also look at my other post here and recreate the issue for youself as well

Hoping for a solution. Almost all my projects deal with such kind of members and such kind of elevation treatement and for still renders its fine but for videos its a big issue.

Thanks
Monks

Thank you very much for the details. We will follow up on this matter.

1 Like