D5 render not launching due to DLL errors on the system

Hi, good day.

I am having a problem launching D5 render after updating my Nvidia graphics drivers to the latest studio version. The program was working fine before.

D5 isnt launching anymore and shows a message saying: The program cannot be launched because of DLL errors in the system". I went back to my previous Drivers (the ones in which D5 render was working), but now it isnt working either on those previous drivers.

I tried unnistalling and installing D5 render again multiple times, but it isnt working either.
I tried the Dxr rapair tool and ran it, but it didnt fix the problem.

Also tried to copy your D3D12.dll fix to my system32 folder, but it isnt allowing me to paste it and replace the old D3D12.dll one (says there is another folder where the file is open).

Could you please help me to solve this issue? I am a pro user and really like D5 render.

Thank you.

My PC specs:

i7 13700k
RTX 3090 Evga FTW3
128 GB ram ddr4 3600 mhz Corsair Vengeance RGB pro (4x32gb)
Motherboard Gygabite Aorus Elite Ax DDR4
Windows 11 22h2

All components were brand new. This pc is only 4 months old

1 Like

Hi User20011999
One question, when you reinstalled D5 did you delete everything including the registry files?

I am not sure. If by registry you mean the files in: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming
Then yes, if it is in another place, then no :frowning:

and another place has a cube icon

Then, which version are you installing, because there is the D5 2.4.5 beta version that facilitates you for DLSS3.

https://www.d5render.com/posts/d5-render-nvidia-dlss-3-real-time-interactive-3d-rendering

Then there is also this to understand how you can solve the problem:

I see, this is the place where sometimes I changed the TDR value for D5 and Lumion. However, which files should I delete inside the registry before trying to re-install D5 again?

Wait a minute, while waiting for your reply, I noticed that you have windows 11.
I did a search on the D5 site, and there are cases where D5 is a bit unstable, maybe it’s better not to touch that field.
Reading this research, I realized that system 11 has small problems that can always be solved.
I would make an attempt to istal it from C to F, what do I mean.
If you have several disks on your brand new PC, that is, it is compartmentalized in C - D - F, where one is 500G, there is 1000G, etc. I would install it where it is more capacious, I would make a new PROGRAMS folder and install it. I’ll show you how I did it

I am using the latest official version of the software, the one listed on their official website. That is version 2.4.3.1708

I dont think the beta version with Dlss 3.0 is going to be useful for my pc, since that new version of dlss is only supported by rtx 40 series cards, and I have a 3090. I will try to download anyway to see if it works.

Would like to try out the help tool, but I cant even launch any scene, since they dont even load, not even a new one

It’s not just for the RTX 40 series version, but it starts from 20 then 30 is 40 because you certainly have DLSS3, i.e. the updated one.
However, if you understand that I am a colleague, I am not on the staff of D5.
Hope you fix the problem as soon as possible, this discussion helped you. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi again Riccardo, thank you so much for your help on this matter.

I just reinstalled D5 render on a diiferent drive of my pc, my 2tb F drive SSd, and I literally just got a Blue screen of death from windows :confounded:.

The stop code is: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
WHAT FAILED: MpKsIDrv.sys

Sorry for the English the translator didn’t play a bad joke on me
displeasure me

1 Like

I indeed appreciate your help so much :blush:!

Lets see if any of this upcoming days somebody from the D5 staff can help me with this problem. Seems to be something really complicated

1 Like

Usually the installation that I did with my laptop, had no problems and I have window 10, maybe it’s 11 which has many system protections

But when you install D5 do you have the antivirus turned on both in window 11 and the one installed on the PC?
This is the latest idea that came, because I read it somewhere in the D5 forum

Usually the Antivirus can cause the installation to fail

Hi Riccardo,

I dont have any antivirus and disable real time protection on Windows Defender, and the same error remains :confounded: . Dont really know what else I could do

Hi, sorry here in Italy it’s 2 in the morning, Yesterday in the last message I sent you I remembered the antivirus, which usually didn’t install the DLL file of the D5 program but blocked it, it saw it as a virus , see if it is quarantined in Defender, if there is, then click on it and give it the command not to block it. Once this is done, you must install D5 as an administrator, if it goes well, see if it goes well.
For the rest I don’t know what else to tell you, if things go wrong, I’m sure not, then you have to get the D5 staff to help you. :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

If everything you did didn’t work contact Oliver.J or Bruce.W they are great people they are good they are D5 staff
Now I say goodbye and close the laptop because I have to get some sleep. I’ll reopen it in a couple of hours, and I hope you fixed it

Hi mate, can we schedule a time for remote assistance?

2 Likes

Hi friend. Thank you for your message, didnt see it at the time.

Is there a chance I could send you the zziplog created by the D5 support tool?
There seems to be multiple errors on the log file.

A couple of examples:
LogConsoleResponse: Display: Failed to find resolution value strings in scalability ini. Falling back to default.

LogPakFile: Display: Mounting pak file …/…/…/d5_immerse/Content/Paks/ls/43/1.pak.
LogPakFile: Corrupt pak PrimaryIndex detected!

I have pretty much tried everything (including doing a windows clean install and going back to Windows 10, but nothing solves the problem).