:star2: About the Challenge

Theme: The Hurva Synagogue, An unfinished space
Artist: ANON
Graphics Card: RTX 2060
Workflow: SketchUp+ D5 Render
Post-processing: DaVinci Resolve
Source of assets that are not from D5 asset library: sketchfab, self-made

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Description of the work:

“In 1974, the well-known architect Louis Isadore Kahn died of heart attack at the train station, which left Hurva Synagogue an unfinished work of his. In this challenge, I tried to visualize this work with the sketches of Louis, letting the lights of render technology shine on the old site. Hopefully this unfinished project can come back to life after 48 years of regret."

:earth_africa: Location of your scene: Jerusalem

:round_pushpin: Distance: 7857 km, 48 years

4 Likes

Supreme!!! It is an exquisite work that masterfully combines, with absolute simplicity and great category, a journey through one of the most important works of unbuilt architecture in history. The lighting, the camera movements, the synthesis of content communicate with masterful force the meaning of the work. It’s a superb example of the use of D5 render to show architecture, without the need for huge effects to impress the viewer, or thousands of moving characters… The best I’ve seen in a long time. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Without reading the description I just felt is from Louis Kahn, with brutalist style, Geometric Form, concrete, and light. Amazing work my friend