[D5 Render Challenge II] Relationships - SilverColoredLens

:star2: About the Challenge

Theme: Relationships
Artist: SilverColoredLens
Graphics Card: RTX 3070
Workflow: Sketchup + D5 Render
Post-processing: Adobe Photoshop for editing rendered still images + Adobe After Effects for editing the rendered videos, sounds, music, and other additional effects
Source of assets that are not from D5 asset library: original model by Silvercoloredlens, close-up landscape scene assets from Quixel Megascans, and the rest of the assets are from the D5 asset library

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Description of the work:

“The scene transpires in an imaginary location within a lake house. If we put a number in relation to real world physical distance, it would be around 10,895km from my location to Scotland (chosen imaginary location).

The inspiration for this creation is based on relationships, specifically long-distance relationships (no metrics could define the distance for this emotional aspect).

There comes a time, when we are fortunate enough to have found our significant other, we try to settle down and build our home with them. The journey together may be sweet at first - full of love and happiness, yet we all know that rocky and gloomy days are also part of it. We then realize that a home is not a place, but a person - your other half. As in life, the only constant is change and these cloudy days too shall pass - the hope for reunification is in sight. This video aspires to recreate that story and emotion."

:earth_africa: Location of your scene: Scotland (chosen imaginary location)

:round_pushpin: Distance: 10,895km

5 Likes

Thank you Vicki and the entire D5 Team! I had fun making this entire short film and amazed by the results. I’m excited for the next update! :smiley:

2 Likes