D5 2.0 + Render Won´t Start

D5 Render Version: 2.0.1.0313
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Issue Description: D5 Render won´t open after I downloaded the newest 2.0 version and above. I´ve tryed to follow the Directx file repair but it didn´t worked. I ´ve tried to install e uninstall several times without sucess in opening anything. Tried opening external saved project and still didn´t worked. Sometimes it works but in most of the time it wont.

The program starts normally, but after the first screen, all windows shut down and still don´t open . I found that in the Program Manager even when the program shuts down, there is a “d5_dump” file still processing.

1 Like

When I updated windows, D5 render worked again but, today when i started my computer and opened D5 render, it keeps closing… Another thing I realize was that the log archive has an error “b” indicated on it, does it means anything?
log d5.zip (410.2 KB)

Hello Luiz, we have received your email and replied to you, please try the troubleshooting steps and send us new logs folders.

Regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately it didn´t work the troubleshooting.

I sent to you the archives you requested.

Any news, please tell me

Regards

Hello Luiz, the folder you sent is not the one we need, please go to this path:
W1Y9`P61P2SN@{UZ~TDHQ

Besides, do you have more than one graphic card on your PC? For example, the Titan series?
And have you tried this tool?
Got notification of “Launch failure might be caused by system DLLs missing, try to repair it automatically?” or stop loading at 0% - AnswerHub / Feature - D5 RENDER FORUM

Hi,
I have the same problem, I download and install D5 render 2.0 new version but it does not want to start (d5_view is freezing).
I had a enough powerfull laptop (alienware with i9 and rtx2070 super) and drivers all up to date.
What can I check ?
Thanks

Hello @Thiass , please see these two points first, and if the problem remains,
please send me two folders containing logs, you can give a link here, or send them to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com

The two logs folders are:

1. A folder called logs, in the installation directory of D5 2.0
  2. A folder called Saved, in C:/Users/your account/AppData/local/d5_immerse

Regards,
Oliver

Hi @Oliver.J ,
I use DX Repair and reinstall D5 without my Antivirus Software active … did not solve the problem :unamused:
BUT as I have 2 screens (1 from my laptop+1 external) I just use one screen (the laptop) and it works. :thinking:
I test reactivating the second screen with D5 render already open and continue working :slight_smile:
thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi, now the two screens are both activated, and can you try opening D5 from the second screen? Will it launch successfully?
Thank you in advance, we are narrowing down the issue cause.

Yes its working
but I made a test, D5 was launched into the second screen and I try to open “Preferences” but make D5 freeze (even if I go back to my laptop screen only)

Hello Thiass
please send me two folders containing logs, you can give a link here, or send them to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com

The two logs folders are:

1. A folder called logs, in the installation directory of D5 2.0
  2. A folder called Saved, in C:/Users/your account/AppData/local/d5_immerse

Thanks in advance!
We cannot repro the issue you met, but we want to find why this issue happened and try to fix it.

Hi Oliver, sorry for the late response!

Ok, I will send the correct folder ( ´cause its too big, will send to you by an e-mail)

I use a notebook with a gtx 1660 ti and an intel integrated graphics, but in the Nvidia panel, the 1660 ti is in the priority to work.

For the Direct X tool, i´ve tried to use it and for my surprise, after I restarted the PC, it worked for the first time. It opened and worked fine, but after I closed it, i´ve tried to open again and it frezzed in the same starting window. This problem have something to do with the graphic drive setup?

Thank you

Hello costanzi13,
If the DXR tool can help D5 Render work fine, this means the issue is related with the video driver or the system.

1. Please revert your video driver back to 471.68 if you are not using Win11.
    NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
    The new 472.12 video driver fits Win11 more.

2. Please turn off your antivirus software first, then reinstall D5, and run the DXR tool again.
    This will prevent antivirus software from deleting files mistakenly.

Best regards,
Oliver

Alright Luiz, I saw your email just now. So the final solution is to install the latest Nvidia video driver 496.13. I post here in case it can help other users.

Thanks,
Oliver

Yes, problem solved.

Thank You for the attention Oliver!

the new drive corrected it!

1 Like

hi, have you solved your problem? I have the same problem and am looking for a solution.
If you can handle it, please share it with me.
thank you.

Hi vancuong0282,

Yes problem solved after installing the latest nvidia drive for my video card.

You´re having the same problem?

Tried already installing the latest drive?

If I can help in something, let me know

ps: keep updating the drive everytime.

Thank Costanzi13
i have updated to the latest from the beginning, but still facing the above problem.

Hi olvier, I’ve been trying to get someone to help me. since I have the same problem.

I left a post a week ago explaining my problem but no one has responded. basically my problem is that after opening the program. when i start a project D5 stops responding. Reinstall the program several times. I reinstalled the graphics card drivers to the most recent and nothing works for me.

D5 Render Version: 2.2.0.0314
Graphics Card:

Hi Osvaldocabreja17,
Sorry for the late reply and missing your post, we were on a holiday leave. We have checked the problems you encountered, please try our suggestions and let us know updates, thanks.