Why mapping is wrong in D5 from Rhino

Even the texture is there but dont show correct mapping. this happens whenever we adjust mapping in Rhino.
Even also sometimes faces are flipped in wrong direction as well. without proper mapping how can we continue…

Hi @mrajendra2150,
Sorry to hear that.
What is your workflow? We recommend Sync plugins.

And what adjustments you have made to mapping in Rhino? D5 will automatically recognizes the different UV on materials, which will be consistent with modelling software.

You can absorb the material you found wrong and check its UV in D5, whether the parameters are consistent with that in the modelling software.
You use the ‘dir’ command to edit the UV of that material in Rhino, then try again, also try to turn on/off Triplanar then see the result.

Also, you could open a new project to check if the problem occurred in all same scenes.

Leah

but it didnt work for displacement material.

Hi,
What is the format of the picture for this material in Rhino? Is it self-defined, or is it in the Rhino material library?
It seems that the material picture didn’t sync to D5.
And if it is Displacement material template in D5, please try to give it a height map.
You could also message me the Rhino file with this separate material, and I can check it for you.

Leah

this is another problem that some face of the texture get flipped.

Also, the scaling of this object is beyond understanding, however it is okay in max,

when i imported it, whole environment turn blue-

Here is the video showing that HDRI is only effecting light but background is not appearing-

Hi, try turning HDRI to .JPG

no change after trying to jpg

Then with the materials perhaps that of the ground make it explode, then go to the surface of the ground give it the right size of the field square and position it perfectly as you would like, for both horizontal and vertical textures you have to put two types of textures with different names one horizontal and the other vertical

now even any blank project is also not showing any background.

I’m sorry maybe the D5 staff will find a solution Good job

the texture problem will be there until D5 team do some serious work for UV because i have find some other guyz are also facing UV related problems. the triplanar option also dont work for displacement maps.

this HDRI behaviour happens each time i export from 3ds max 2021. There is some bug in max exporter.

i heard lot about D5 from youtube but now i am finding such a bullshit incomplete program it is which dont even have basic functionalities for light and materials which it is intended for. I also posted one animation problem earlier which was also very basic to have control over animation but it also dont have. i think youtubers are saying anything to gain sponsorship money.
i think Fstorm is best till today.

I have to disagree with you, because since this program came out I haven’t had these problems, only at the beginning when there were no plugins, the SKETCHUP format files were used. Then adding other functions, to improve it based on the requests and the competition, even though the program is almost free, I for my part have always done some work which overall is of good quality, it is clear that some colleagues have software problems , both graphics programs that are not original or even D5 may have problems, but all in all if you go to the gallery you will see the results of your colleagues.

even uninstalltation create issue

Sorry, you give up so easily, because you don’t use other graphics programs, such as SKETCHUP, ARCHICAD or BLENDER, the latest and totally FREE. Try or work with one of these programs and then use D5 you will see results that are exceptional. Then if you want to uninstall D5 you have to go to the control panel.

Then I notice on the image you posted you have REVIT so why don’t you use this program which interfaces well with D5?

i installed revit just for try but uninstalled it in 10 days as it doesnt suit my need. i am very well with rhino, i also left 3ds max because i am switching to blender for all polygonal modelling, max is there just to copy old models. Blender is so amazing that it feels so much pain when i go back to work with autodesk product. It is just a year or two when blender will lead the market.

Now, tell me how i can continue my work when HDRI is disappearing. Textures are not orienting properly because it shows up in final image. if the quality may be slightly poor i can easily retouch anything in photoshop but how can such render related stuff can be solved. Also i am uninstalling D5 to reinstall it and never import 3ds max model until developer confirm the issue is solved.