Using several d5render in Windows Terminal server

D5 Render Version:
Graphics Card:
Nvidia RTX4090 (up to 3)
Driver Version:
Issue Description:
I try to use 1 powerful Windows server 2022 machine for up to 5 users in the same time.
For some reason we are able to run 5 Sketchup pro app, but only 1 d5render in the same time, other users who trying to start d5 receive error:
The program cannot be launched because of DLL errors in the system. Please click “OK” to close the program and follow the steps in the article to solve the issue.

how can I fix it ?
Screenshots/Videos Description:

Steps to Reproduce (optional):

Hi @mrnickas,

I think this post will be helpful to you.
Got notification of “Launch failure might be caused by system DLLs missing, try to repair it automatically?” or stop loading at 0% - Get Help / How to - D5 RENDER FORUM

Regards,
Leah

Hi, no results from this thread, d5 works good under one user, but got an error when I trying to run it from second and third user

My main question, is it possible to run d5 render in one system under 2+ users logged into system?
we are using RDP to one powerful machine

Still have this problem, tried to update and tried on clean windows server
problem is the same - can’t run d5 under 2 users in one time at the same machine

What exactly is this setup? You have multiple users connecting to one machine running D5 and possibly more than one instance…? I don’t think there’s any hardware that could efficiently handle that if that’s the case, and I imagine Windows is going to possibly have permission issues with multiple users running a heavy application, all of which are trying to access their dependency libraries (DLLs) which could create conflicts.

Is only one user accessing the machine at a time? Could they all just share the same user account, or one dedicated to D5?

Hello
The setup is:
1 terminal server using Windows Server 2022
2xRTX4090
Intel Xeon Platinum 8171M

Users have separate accounts and use Sketchup+D5Render at the terminal server
Yes, they are connecting to one machine by RDP and working under different users account

The problem is, that Sketchup is working nice, everything is okay:
5 users can connect to one terminal server and run 5 Sketchup app

But for some reason when more that 1 user try to run D5render app got an error which I described in post

For some reason we are able to run 5 Sketchup pro app, but only 1 d5render in the same time…

But for some reason when more that 1 user try to run D5render app got an error which I described in post

I do not believe it is possible to run multiple instances of D5. I am not a D5 dev so cannot 100% confirm though. Each user should close the application when they are done using it.

Hi @mrnickas,

Sorry for my late.
I’ve confirmed with our technical team that D5 doesn’t support the the possibility of being able to run multiple D5 accounts on a single computer at the same time, even if it’s a super powerful device. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,