The program crashes at the end of each render

D5 Render Version: 2.0.1.0313
Graphics Card: RTX 2060
Driver Version: Nvidia Studio 472.12
Issue Description: With version 2.0.1 an old bug is back.
The program closes by itself, abnormally, at the end of each render.
If you use the render queque at each render the program is closed.
This makes it impossible to use the program. Furthermore, the renders are much slower than usual.
I will try to render the images individually to check if it also closes like this or it is a problem that occurs only if you use the render queue
Screenshots/Videos Description:
Steps to Reproduce (optional):

It happens also with me when using 16K rendering and it says to use slower resolution after 10 minutes of incomplete render with Crash

1 Like

It also happens to me with 2K renderings.
At the change of view between one scene and another the program crashes, and does not even save the completed render!
It is really unpleasant!

1 Like

I hope they respond to use, as they didn’t respond to community users from the last updates

Hello, it happens to a specific file or all files in D5? Could you try opening an empty scene then render and see the result?
Besides, please send me two folders containing logs, you can give a link here, or send them to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com

The two logs folders are:

1. A folder called logs, in the installation directory of D5 2.0
  2. A folder called Saved, in C:/Users/your account/AppData/local/d5_immerse

Thanks in advance!
Oliver

1 Like

Hello huss, please send us your logs as well. We had a national holiday leave, and sorry for the late reply.

I have the same problem, I already sent both folders,
Thank you

Thank you, we have received them. Could you tell me more details about when the program crashed? You can repro the issue with different scenes? Please tell me your hardware information and video driver version as well.

Hardware:
Rtx 2070super
AMD ryzen 7 3700x
ram 32gb
Last drivers of Nvidia installed: 472.12

My file right now is a draft, I don’t have much info on it just walls and some windows, I am randomly rendering from different points of view, at the same time, I don’t have many materials, I am just rendering with the resolution of the screen on 16:9 and still it is crashing after rendering. Every time I finished the render, it crashes.
Here I share a screenshot of the scene:

I have sent the email

i’m having the same issues, got any solution? thank you

Hello, to all members of this topic, we have general suggestions which may solve the problem:

1. upgrade video driver 472 to 496.13
  2. Do not switch to other apps when D5 is rendering, make sure it is the focused app on Win10/Win11.
  3. If the problem remains, please reinstall D5 Render to cover the current one.

Besides, from the log we saw some crash issue, but we need scene files to repro it.
If possible, please compress and send your scene file to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com, it will help us solve this issue.

Thanks in advance!
Oliver

I have had the same problems occurred since last two weeks, scoured the forum and stumbled across this thread, given that there wasn’t any solution, not too sure if any of you that have had this problem solved the issues, I have done a few test to see if I can replicate the problem. This is assumed on my normal routine:

GPU - RTX 3090
System memory - 128 GB
Harddrive - 1TB internal and 2 TB external where I usually output render pathed to external drive.
Display drivers: Studio driver 546.33
Rendering resolution: 4492 x 6000 (yes vertical).
Issue: Crashed / shut down automatically at the end of all render queues, saved rendered images but program shut down without turning on “automatimatically shut down after render is completed” option.

D5 version: 2.52 & 2.6

So I tested the following scenarios:

A) I opened another project file, added scenes to the render queue, set the path to the external drive as usual, it didn’t shut down at the end of the rendering queue.

B) I opened the previous file (one which causes the program to shut down at the end of the rendering queue), set the path to LOCAL drive, it did not shut down at the end of the rendering queue.

C) I opened the same file by lowering the rendering resolution to about 2K, it shuts down at the end of the rendering queue.

D) I rendered each image one at a time (not adding to the rendering queue) its fine. not crashing at all.

So I suspect its my external drive that played up the problem here.
Hopefully those of you have the same issue can try the above. I am curious to see others have the same situation and how you solved the issue.

Mark