Textures missing when open a scene

Hi all,

Just wondering why when I open a scene that I am working on, my textrures/materials are missing and I have to add them again.

I have the latest version of everything :slight_smile:

Thanks

George

Hi @gneocleous

There are several reasons this is happening; I’ll narrow it down to the most common cause.

  1. Texture paths changed or became inaccessible
    Textures may have been moved, renamed, deleted, or stored on an external/network drive that is no longer accessible.
  2. Project stored on a cloud drive
    Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. can cause file locking or incomplete saves, potentially resulting in lost texture references.
  3. Workspace or path mismatch
    Migrating the D5 workspace or reinstalling D5 can invalidate local texture paths, particularly for custom or imported textures.
  4. File was not zipped before transferring it to another device
    If you moved or shared the project without zipping it, materials may revert to their default appearance or turn white.
  5. Material library corruption
    If built-in D5 materials are also missing, the material library package files may be corrupted.

Generally,

  • You might want to check where you are placing your D5 File; we highly suggest placing it in your Local C: or D: drive if you’re not using the Cloud Integration from D5 Teams

  • It is also best to avoid long paths for your d5 file’s location; it is best to keep the path simple (e.g D:/D5 File/ instead of D:/D5 File/x/xxx/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxx)
    Note: You may send us a screenshot of your path

  • Ensure that you have Full Control over this location

  • The same goes for your Workspace path