Technical Support

So for reasons unknown my D5 stopped working…I spent hours on my model…everything was saved …stopped to have dinner then all of a sudden my model would get as far as 8% and stop. I pay for the pro version but have yet to find where I can get technical help for the money that I pay each month. It is now 4:0 am and I have uninstalled and reinstalled and D5 finally works again but I have lost all the work that I did on the model with adding materials and assets. I am beyond frustrated and will now have to waste a day adding everything to my model again. I would like to know why this happened and I am seriously considering another program.

Hi jpdesigns2020, sorry to hear that you ran into this problem, You can also find the backup files since D5 backup every 10mins.

Please replace the file with backups manually after reinstalling:

1. Find the Backup folder, then choose one timeline and copy all files under it.
  2. paste them to the original folder to replace old files.
  3. Rename xxxx.bak to xxxx.drs, to replace the old one.
    Then you can reopen the file and check the result.

Please do not open the file too many times in case the backup files were removed.

We usually provide technical support for personal users in the forum and official discord. you can also contact us by this email at any time. support@d5techs.com

when the software crashes and freezes, please send the log file to us for troubleshooting, we will check it and help you to solve the problem as soon as possible.

How to collect logs:
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

You can also go to AnswerHub or search your problem directly in the forum for solutions if we cannot answer you in time.

Here is the link to D5 Render Discord Server

Thank you…I finally got D5 to open but my back up file is not showing any of the work I did. I am super frustrated and will be spending today redoing all the work that I did yesterday.

Thank you for your reply.

Hi jpdesigns2020, to prevent the problem from happening again, you can check the Autosave settings here to make sure your work can be backed up automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience.