SSD space

Hi D5 Team,

I have realized a very annoying thing about d5. My SSD space has been decreasing space day by day because all contents I place in D5 go to a folder in my c:. Even when I delete a job it remains in the content folder. I would like you guys to create a sort of cleaning option so that we could clean all unwanted files there are in the system folder.

Hi there, thanks for your report and suggestion! For now, we don’t have such functions, so we suggest you change the default folder path to Desk D and delete the whole project folder when you don’t need it.

I think you don’t understand! All these files I said that has been fulling my ssd, they are located randomly in D5 content folder, at the same place I installed the program. They all have been created and as far as I realised, they have no function other than a sort of backup. I deleted all them from 3 folders named ‘um’, d and MaterialTextures. Nothing changed in my D5 files.

1 Like

Bro open files of your project and delete paks folder it does not effect your project but helps in saving space

Yes, that was what I realised.
The problem is that all these files should not be created in D5 installation folder. It has been created automatically by the program and is making my SSD full.
I am not writing about my model files nor my models folder, that are placed in my HD exactly where I have chosen, I’m am writing about a few system folders that d5 has been created with files like renders, textures and other things. It is very annoying to go inside all systems folders and try to find out whether I can delete or not.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, when we render a project a lot of unwanted files are occupying my memory. And it’s like 200GB of files, the only way we could solve the problem was to delete d5 completely, which is a shame. The model files and images don’t use 2GB, so I think it is a bug that d5 is causing in some computers. In my office it happened in 3 different computers. I can switch the D5 to Desk D, but I don’t want it full of files either.

imo u better change D5 workspace to other hdd, where u have lot of space. so i assume C drive is OS ssd. will be get free of D5 assets content.
and one more thing wo save more space in project use clean data in file menu, it will delete unwanted assets from project. let me know update.