So laggy

D5 Render Version: 2.6
Graphics Card: AMD ryzen 9
Driver Version: 10.0.19041.3636
Issue Description: d5 very laggy and hard to work with. My file is relatively small compared to all the videos that convinced me to subscribe d5. I’m so sad. please help me make it smoother. idk if my file is too big and i’m honestly helpless in this
Screenshots/Videos Description:

Steps to Reproduce (optional):

my i know which graphic card u have and ram u have. lag on viewport can only happen when u dont have minimum system req. for D5.
i can see u have AMD ryzen 9 , and D5 is majorly based on gpu and enough ram u have.

hi, i use amd radeon graphics and NVIDIA GeFORCE RTX 3060 laptop gpu. my ram is 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable). my other smaller d5 files works fine. Could file size be the problem here? if so what do i do?

hmm, u can try clear data from file menu. first take backup of project. then click clear data, it will clean unused assets from scene. might decrease file size. let me know update.

hii! i tried it and my file is about the same size (38kb) it was not laggy for a minute or 2 and then it’s back to how it was. do i clear data regularly or is there any other way?

![test 2k|690x485](upload://mIrx9CxK2yI5jtPnBnnOGTT23rn.pn
this is the 2k picture i managed to render, it took 2 minutes which i think is okay?

omg please please help. ive encountered a new problem omg

it says error : out of video memory. what do i do :((((

u have rtx 3060 so 21 gb of vram, what is ur scene size. and can u share scene so i can try to my end.

i am very new to d5 so i’m not sure how to check T-T. Share scene means send you my d5 file? picture attached is all i get after following googled instructions. so sorry, i’ll try my best to cooperate :<

update, i ran d5 as administrator and it worked. The lagginess however, is still very much here :confused:

Hello! This pop-up shows you that you have insufficient VRAM. Your problem may be caused by a large scene. I suggest you to reduce the use of effects such as depth of field, tindal effect, etc. Also, you can try to reduce the use of high-precision assets and textures in your scene. Alternatively, you can try using maps instead of plants in the distance.
I also suggest that you enable the “show statistics”, whick can let you check your usage at any time.

Also, I notice that your memory is 16g, this can support the use of D5, but for large scenarios this memory may be insufficient in some cases.

wait, does this perform like ‘purge’? I was always frustrated how big D5 files get. It seems like D5 download assets per each project, instead of saving in one location on drive and linking it for different D5 projects.

Hello, you can select assets in the object menu and right click. Then, you can add the assets to local.

yes its like purge. even so many users suggested

instead of saving in one location on drive and linking it for different D5 projects