SKYLOOP | D5 Render x Blender Challenge

:dizzy: Learn More about D5 Render x Blender Challenge
D5 Render Community Challenge x Intel | Blender Special - News - D5 RENDER FORUM

Theme: SKYLOOP

Artist: Shawn, Link, Voice by Aqua

Graphics Card: RTX 3090, RTX 3080

Workflow: Blender 3.X + D5 Render 2.3 + Davinci Resolve 17

Brief description of post-processing: Color adjustment and motion blur

Whether the model is original: Yes

Model source: Web, D5 Asset Library,PbrMax,Quixel Megascans

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Description of the work:

In the near future, disasters are sweeping over the earth due to human’s unrestrained exploitation of energy. Some enterprises attempt to restart the Biosphere 2 built-in 1991 but end in vain.

Humans’ fruitless attempts to save the earth have driven them to seek a more radical solution–to find a new home in the universe. At this moment of life and death, a renowned aeronautical engineer who survived a space accident brought unprecedented engine technology back to the earth. This new technology gives people a chance to escape from the disastrous earth. Amid expectations and doubts, this plan was given the name SKYLOOP by Overclocking Heavy Industry.

The engineer keeps working on SKYLOOP and fighting for greater freedom for the people but had no idea of the consequences of ignoring the interests of the enterprise…

What will this escape bring to humans? Is it real freedom, or a new cage?

:star2: Inspirations of the work:

This work is based on an idea I had in class. This time, I decided to develop it. Thanks to Link’s deep understanding of society and further refinements that make this more mature!

:art: The process of creation:

In the beginning, I spent a lot of time establishing the world and making sure that the elements would not conflict. I also referred to a lot of works for the atmosphere of the scene. To avoid frequent revising, we only started to make the models after we had a relatively mature design.

We have experienced many difficulties on our way, especially when we have to choose between the quantity and the quality of the models…

Some scenes are directly completed in Blender, some are completed in the D5 renderer by converting the model into D5A assets. We always took the most convenient way.

D5 makes animations very quickly, and the keyframe function is very handy.

9 Likes

Extraordinary work - congrats :clap:t3:
I like the idea and always wanted to create something similar to O’Neill Cylinder.
The only thing that bothers me is the moonwalk movement style of the characters - especially in the rainy scenes. Perhaps D5 team could improve that?

3 Likes