Skp reloading location shift

when i reload my skp file the coordinates change.
this is not only for one project but is for multiple.
it is only when the geometry of the model become larger than before. if not the location is the same.

i have made an video about it.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au0XYk20nRvRk9Jf8Cx8JtuGscKZDQ?e=rrYDJF

Hi! Sorry for your issue. I notice that you may replace your model from local. Working with variants (D5 2.5.1.0319) - Get Help / How to - D5 RENDER FORUM You can read this post and I think it may answer your confusion. Also, I suggest that to avoid this problem, you can use our sync plugin for SketchUp if it is convenient for you.

this is my normal workflow, what i used in Lumion.
i get new models form clients, or i need remodell their model with bigger geometry.

with sync coordinators i lose all the materials.
sorry but i think this is someting basic that has to be fixed.

1 Like

Regarding the position problem, You can “synchronise the coordinate system” of a model as soon as you import it, and then update the model later. In this way, the model will remain in place even if the overall boundingbox of the model has changed.

I have found that if you have one SKP file live synced and you try resync a new file with no textures while the first is still in live sync it will change the cordinates of the SKP and delete all your texture modifications. Recommend to turn of live sync on one file before syncing the next SKP file. Hope to get this fix in an update. It can really mess up your work and lose time if you save that file.

O and i would also recommend not using replace from file. always sync from sketchup. the position will stay the same then.

1 Like