Scene loses imported objects, materials and coordinates

D5 Render Version: Last version
Graphics Card: RTX 2060
Driver Version: 457.51

With the latest update it happens more and more often that when the file is reopened in D5, important objects become invisible, transparent.
To solve the problem I am forced to reload the object. However, when I reload the object it loses all the materials and / or changes coordinates so in practice I am forced to do it all over again. It is a very serious bug, I hope it will be fixed soon.
I attach screenshoot where you can see the selected files that are invisible and the reloaded files that have no material, all becoming white

Hi antonio,

Sorry for the inconvenience, and could you open D5 then click Help(on the ribbon)->About D5 Render, to let us know the specific version number?
Also, I would like to know whether the missing material is from D5 Material Library or your custom d5a?

Regards,
Oliver

1 Like

The precise version is: 1.8.1.0285
Both objects that become invisible and materials that become all white are personal, not coming from the D5 library

Ok antonio, are the inserted objects saved in local hard disk or an online place?

If the former, try the following steps to help us investigate the issue:

1. There are two folders named “Logs”. Please compress them and send to support@d5techs.com, which can help us know the issue better
  • Win C: “%local appdata%\d5_immerse\Saved\Logs”
  • Installation Directory of D5 Render: “D5 Render\logs”
  1. Please compress the scene file(the whole folder saved from D5 Render, including .drs, asset, model, etc. and send it together with the logs.

If the latter, the objects are saved in online space, please move them to a local place then insert in D5 again. Currently D5 doesn’t support custom materials stored in online place.

Thanks,
Oliver

I use files from my hard drives, not from the cloud.
I sent the email with the logs files

I have the same issue, how to fix it?

Hi, I am afraid that we could not narrow down the issue cause if we don’t have that certain project file. We have done some tests but cannot repro the issue. And the only suggestion I can give is to check your file path. If the file name, folder name or file path is too long, it may influence the calculating process. ( I noticed it from another case)

Please share us some details, and package the whole scene file( the folder which has .drs file), send it to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com

Best regards,
Oliver

Same problem. It’s a good thing I’m saving projects in separated files, not overwrite. So the previous file is OK, all the objects are ok and material, but in the next saved file the main building .fbx is missing

this is the previous progress

before while working it was ok, but after saving and closing then againg opening became like this
All the project files saved in LAN server, the prev and the last
Logs
https://future5060-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ramzis92_4-you_cc/EcY6xpD67mpFtQpTYB03qAkBizq1nS1DoegeznAOk_Gocg?e=Di441F

Ahah
I solved that, I just merged the the previous saved project files and the last
Now it’s OK

You are welcom :slight_smile:

this is the project itself if it helps
https://future5060-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ramzis92_4-you_cc/Eb4WgBqc5PNKtDI-1fsKipcBVh53E2pQ4ZkynpqWQ7Zt0w?e=dfoAu1

wow, good job! Could you tell me how you merge these files? :laughing:
Thanks in advance~

As I showeв here

Just copy the content of the previous folder and overwrite, but make back up before

I think I’ve got it
the problem was that I was opening the project file using addres \server<bla-bla-bla>
and imported fbx files using same way
when I did it using network drive Z:<bla-bla-bla> and imported files like that the software attached those imports in the file while saving

D5r team, can I have a bonus? :smiley: :smiley:

I’m having the same issue where an object with color will lose its color and textures the next time reopen D5

Hello, those assets which lose textures are all from D5 online library? Could you please open a new empty scene then insert those models again and see whether their textures are lost?
Also you could reopen the scene after saving it.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we will look into this issue as soon as possible.

Yes they are all from the D5 library. And no they are only unable to load in to this specific save file and any other files I copy from it. If I change the scene and try to reupload the object sometimes the issue is fixed and sometimes it still doesn’t show up.

Hello, could you please send this scene file to support@d5techs.com? I think it is because GPU is our of usage, so we need this scene file for testing. Also, could you please let me know your GPU type and video driver version?

This is the file where the lost texture and colors issues are happening.As for graphics card, I am using an ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6.
As for the drivers I’ve attached a screenshot of it as well.

(Attachment RenderInterior.drs is missing)

Sorry I received an attachment error code for the scene file so I’ve reattached it to this reply as a zip file

RenderInterior.zip (25.9 KB)

hello, fighunn, sorry the .drs file is not the scene file we need, as you could see, it only has 25 kb.
The scene file is the whole folder, which contains the drs file.
Never mind, we fix this issue in 2.1. Please check the private message I sent you.