Revit 2021 Install & Export Error

D5 Render Version: 1.9
Graphics Card: ASUS RTX 3090
Driver Version: Game Ready Driver 466.27
Issue Description:

Hi All!

I have been trying to install the D5 Render Plugin for Revit 2020 & 2021 but there seems to be an issue with the install. I have uninstalled / deleted the D5 Folders in my Appdata folders and tried re-installing but still have the same errors occur.

Yet when I installed 2018.3 & 2019 plugin these work fine with no issues at all! (I need multiple versions of Revit installed as I do drafting work as well as rendering that requires Revit to not be updated)

Error Screenshots below.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshots/Videos Description:

Revit 2021 - D5 Export Error Install

Revit 2021 - D5 Export Error Install 2

Revit 2021 - D5 Export Error Install 3

Revit 2021 - D5 Export Error Install 4

Revit 2021 - D5 Export Error

Hi Nicko1995,

1. Please make sure all Revit versions are closed

2. Then try installing again with admin privileges( Right-click the plugin installer->Run as administrator)

Please let me know if the issue remains. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the prompt reply, unfortunately the issue still remains when running as admin. Even tried deleting it from the Appdata folder and running as admin. No luck :frowning:

It’s just strange that 2018 & 2019 installed without a problem at all :thinking:

Hello @Nicko1995 this is Karam from D5

To solve your problem for now and not disrupt your work, you can download the following:
Revit 2021 Converter.zip (667.8 KB)
And extract it’s content into the following folder:
C:\Users\Nic\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2021\

Then download the following:
Revit 2021 cuda.zip (229.7 KB)
And extract it’s content to the Revit 2021 root installation path in your device.
Also would you mind telling me what is the actual installation path of Revit 2021 in your device ? (IE: Did you change the default installation path of Revit ?)

The above files are basically the content of what should have been extracted to manually install the converter version 0.2.3 for Revit 2021, so you’re good to go.

And if you got some extra time to spare, am interested in connecting with you more to figure out what is the actual cause of this and prevent this from happening in future upcoming version

The only clue I have from the screenshots you sent is that:
-Either Revit is opened and locking the plugin files.
-or a Corruption in registry of Revit 2021, specifically installation path value.

In either cases, whenever you’re ready, please let me know so we can connect.

Finally, whenever the new version of the converter is released, you can simply install it and it will overwrite the current one you will have, so no worries about this manual installation process.

Hi Nicko,

Have you tried Karam’s suggestions to solve the problem? Any updates will be appreciated.
Have a nice day!

Regards,
Oliver

Hi, @karam
I have the same issue. I tried your instructions, but it doesn’t work for me. I extracted files from Revit 2021 cuda.zip into the folder located in this path: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2021
Is this the correct place I should pasted it?
Thank you in advance for your help
Best regards,
Agata

Hello, the path should be like this:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2021

Could you find it on your computer? or you could right-click Revit->Open file location to check it.
If the problem remains, feel free to let us know.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I used this path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2021 and it helped.
Now revit ask me to select installation folder. Which folder should it be? (I installed D5 Render yesterday so it should be the latest version)

it should be the folder where you installed D5 Render, and you could find it using the same way:
right-click D5 Render->Open file location.
It should be like xxxxx\xxxx\xxx\D5 Render

Karam told me the above answer, and he cannot log in to the forum now so I posted this one, thanks to him as well :laughing: