Project From D5 V2.4.3.1078 Not Opening In V2.5.1.0319

D5 Render Version: D5 V2.5
Graphics Card: EVGA KingPin NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB VRAM
Driver Version: NVIDIA Driver 537.13
Issue Description: Project From D5 V2.4.3.1078 Not Opening In V2.5.1.0319. When I try to open the old project it goes through all the way to 99% but then D5 just suddenly closes. No error on screen or anything…the program just closes.
Screenshots/Videos Description:
Steps to Reproduce (optional): Launch D5 V2.5 and go to open project button. Select the old project and click Open. Wait for project to load…gets to 99% and then D5 just goes away.

I can send files, logs, whatever you need but I don’t know what you need. I am unable to open the file at all at this point and I’m very much in need of being able to do so. I have deadlines this week…I know already that I should have just stayed in 2.4 version but I figured I could just uninstall 2.5 when I wanted to go back. I am not even able to find where to download the older versions so I can go back and work on these projects that were created in the previous versions. This is a major issue!

Hi, sorry for that. Can you screenshot the utilization info when you load 99%, sounds like the RAM is totally used. Did you add too many assets before the last saving?

D5 Render 2.4 Download link - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Another way to open D5, You can delete the files in “Paks” which clears the caches of assets, after that, you can delete some big-sized objects and then update them.

I’m currently running the 2.4 version now and it is wanting me to update the assets in the project (I uninstalled and removed all of D5 from my computer unfortunately…I got impatient waiting and I should have waited for your reply!). I’m watching the utilization as the asset updates download and then load into the project. Currently sitting at 15.3/24.0 GB of dedicated GPU…I’ll attach the current screen shot…

The weird part of this project is that I have not added any assets to it for a couple of weeks…I open the project a couple of times a week to render a quick study or show some material texture tweaks or something and I’ve not had any problems opening or saving the file until I tried to open it in 2.5 today. This of course was the first time I tried opening in 2.5 though and it didn’t like it!

Can you send the scenes and logs to us for troubleshooting?
support@d5techs.com

How to collect log files:
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

By scenes you mean the .drs file? I assume I don’t need to send the whole folder or should I zip the project folder and send? I am under the gun for today and after yesterday’s craziness I will send everything that you need after I get this project out the door if that’s ok.

No, should be all files in one folder like this. thanks a lot.