Procedurally-generated Vines grow on the wrong side

Hello,

I have an issue with procedurally generated vines. During the generation vine is growing on the wrong side of surface and I tried everything. Flipping the surface, truning the generation marker 180 degrees. The end result is always the same… Vine is growing inside of the wall…

Never mind… I have solved it.

same here, even on a plane cube, ivy always grow inside… interesting :face_in_clouds:

ps/ it was a lack of knowledge of the tool on my side,
you just have to point this blue bar towards the surface and play with the gizmo until the icon is displayed correctly. Very effective

Thanks for your update :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

okay so also experiencing this. The took is very 50/50 when it wants to works. for a moment I though the issue was a flipped normal but once it was corrected the issue still remains.
result also vary heavely - some are less dense others extreme without any adjustment to the settings. Also some will grow half and half on wall.

Please make sure that the blue lever is perpendicular to the wall.

Yeah, I did this and in every situation, it was generated incorrectly. The tool is very finicky and unpredictable. However, it has its merits. I do look forward to when it’s no longer in beta. In the meantime, I fully abandoned the tool for this project and used the green wall assets.

The tool is a really good idea, but the settings are completely unpredictable. And the results really vary.
And the most worrying thing is having a completely different result when you reopen the file, surprise!

and I don’t really understand how the “ProceduralVine-Proof” feature works

1 Like

The current setup for this feature is that the generated vines cannot be saved, and each time the file is reopened, the vines are regenerated. So the effect will be different than before. We have plans to optimise and improve this feature, and all your suggestions will be taken into account in subsequent updates. Thanks a lot for the feedback.

1 Like

thank you for the information, I will wait for the tool to stabilize before I can use it.

1 Like

Hi, I think you need to make the window or some other faces you do not want to be effected by to vines to be a single boject and then use the “ProceduralVine-Proof” feature, then it works.

Any updates on this matter?