Problems with circular forms appearing jagged in D5

Hello, has anyone had a similar problem with circular forms appearing jagged in D5? I made these extruded circles in Revit, but when synced with D5, they appear jagged before rendering and after.

Is there a solution or better practice within Revit?

Hi, in my opinion, perhaps it depends on the geometry of the ring which is created with many faces that form the circle, that is, it is not a single piece, made with one face and extruded. This shape is often used to decorate architecture, I’ll give you an example posted on the forum:

Hi @jeffreylewispa

It seems like this issue was caused by the model file however there’s an easy fix for this in D5 but it has some limitations, check the link below for your reference. How to achieve round corner? | User Manual

If the proposed solution above did not fix your problem you need to go back to your model file and add some more vertices to smoothen those edges.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Thanks,

1 Like

reason being jagged is poor low quality modelling of these rings… WYSIWYG :sweat_smile:

solution: go back to 3d modelling software and re-model these items…properly.

1 Like

Nice renders, Ricardo, and uh, thanks to the others for your comments. It does seem to be a Revit problem. The circles do look jagged in Revit and the Revit Anti Aliasing fix doesn’t work. The circles smoothen in Revit with global anti aliasing, but they are still jagged when I sync. I tried the round corner option in D5 and it didn’t work either.

1 Like

Hi, but in revit, which I don’t know well, can you make these rings without them being jagged? Isn’t there a function in Revit that softens the rings? Or if you also know SKP, why don’t you export it in this format, open it with the SketchUp program, check if the mappings are in place and select the circles and soften them. This is because, you have the possibility, if you know this program, to solve the problem.
But it’s a bit cumbersome, but it manages to soften all objects that have sharp edges.
But if you do it, be aware that the Files become very large. Then once this hard work is done, you can synchronize it and work on it again in D5, it is a solution, or you have to find the improvement in Revit.
Good work :slightly_smiling_face:

I was able to smooth the edges with anti aliasing in Revit, but those smooth edges don’t show up when I sync.

As for making the extrusion another way, the form is drawn with a circle in Revit, not individual line segments. I’ll need to see if Revit has some setting that allows smoother circles. I know Autocad has such a setting.

And no, I am a Sketchup novice at best.

1 Like

All, I was able to solve the problem! D5 Render has a setting for exporting/synching that will make jagged archs and circles smooth. I changed the setting from 8 to 12:

And voila!

3 Likes

@jeffreylewispa Thank you for sharing this info.