Placing Objects at the exact Position

Hello everyone,

We are currently learning how to use D5 Render and are wondering how to position various objects (fbx files), which all have the same origin from ArchiCAD, in the same place in D5.

In the current case we have our house design with the base plate as one file and the neighborhood in a second file. In ArchiCAD and Cinema 4D, these files are in exactly the same place and can be easily reassembled.

If I want to combine both FBX files in D5, I always have the model at the mouse and have to position it myself. Is there a better way to have both components automatically inserted in the correct positions?

Thank you in advance!

Thanks so much for your advice. I will convey your need to our team.
BTW, I think you can also adjust the location parameters to place your objects more accurate.

Ìf I get you right - so right now there is no way to place the objects in the exact right position? That would be a nice feature in future versions then.

I think if you are importing using the direct read method, then that is indeed the case at the moment. For models supported by the sync plugin, you can adjust the position of your model in the software and then sync it to D5. For fbx formatted objects, you can import your object into 3ds Max, Blender or Cinema 4D and then use the plugin to sync the model to D5.

Had the same problem.
The following works for me.
Import objects, place them somewhere in the scene.
Select the object in the object list, right-click and use the “Sync Coordinates” function to place the object in the correct position.
This moves the selected object to the correct position.

I export the Sketchup format from my CAD programme,
works perfectly with it.