No Antialiasing and Poor Noise Reduction in Render Image

D5 Render Version: 2.0
Graphics Card: RTX 2060
Driver Version: 472.12 Studio Version

Issue Description:
No antialias and and poor noise reduction in the Preview Window or when Rendering a Final Image. These issues occurs in the version 2.0 of the software (for new and old projects)

I have tryed:

1.Update Driveres to the last version
2. Install a Clean version of the software (no update)

Thanks in Advance.

Screenshots/Videos Description:

Hello, what resolution it is? Could you show us a photo of 1.9, compared with 2.0, and a same scene with same parameters?
Turning on DLSS will increase the antialiasing effect, also, we optimized the noise reduction in 2.0. We will test the latest video driver, and hope you could share with us the above info we need.

Regards,
Oliver

Boss. He brings up a good point. Is a clean install preferred? I just did an update.

No bro, normally the file from autoupdate is the same as clean install. Here we are looking into the antialiasing and noise reduction effect, you can have a try on D5 2.0, how is the antialiasing effect?

I’ve not come across the issue.

The GI seems much better. Lot to love in this release.

1 Like

I Fixit.
Aparently the problem was in some leftovers of the previous version (1.9), so, i deleted these files in the APPPDATA and instaled a clean version of the 2.0 version. It works.

Alright, glad to hear it.

Is this a confirmed solution via the Team? Should I wipe everything and do a clean install? Worried about doing that.

Hello, before doing a clean reinstall, you could migrate your local library files first. Preference - User Manual (d5render.com)
Also you could try upgrading your video driver first.
If the problem remains, then you could try reinstalling D5 Render( backup your important project files first)

Thank you. So, would you say this noise issue is isolated and not inherent to the 2.0 update?

I’ll try your recommendation. New studio driver being installed. Is there a DLSS on/off in 2.0? I didn’t see it, if there is one.

Thanks so much.

Steve Grumpka.

yes, the 2.0 update normally should not have this kind of problem. To turn on/off DLSS, you can open a scene then click Menu button on the top-left-> Nvidia DLSS, check or uncheck it.

Thank you. Found the button just before I saw your post. It seems to help the preview turning it on actually. Not sure it has much to so with output render.