Linked Revit Model Disappears in D5

Hmmm…ok. let me try this (launching from a perspective view).

So how did it go and resolve it?

Unfortunately, no but it was a good suggestion. Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t know if you know SketchUp, try installing it and then with Revit save it in SketchUp i.e. SKP and from the program I indicated try to synchronize it
This is an alternative idea to get around the obstacle, and then later see what’s wrong with revit, so you can get on with the job
Good luck and courage don’t give up

Sorry I insist, have you tried saving it with revit in DRS and then opening it with D5 directly without synchronization this is another way to open your work, try this way, good work

Hi ythame.
Did you solve the problem?
Excuse me, because while I was surfing the web I remembered something, perhaps I had missed it, so out of curiosity I wanted confirmation of what I thought. I reviewed the image you posted, again, it is known that the revit file on the D5 dropdown was loaded, seeing it gave me confirmation, so there was only one thing to look at, the scale of your project I have the coordinates if it is on xyz point equal to zero. All you had to do was click on it to see its properties and check, this was what I didn’t see on the drop-down menu to the right of the image you posted.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I greet you Riccardo :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

Hello, sorry for your problem. Could you please send your log file to us? This post shows how to collect logs. D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

1 Like

Sure, here you go…
zziplog.zip (3.3 MB)

Thanks. We will check it.

Hi @riccardofortelli. It’s no problem at all because I need this problem fixed. In the meantime, I went back to my normal renderer. I am not sure if I know what you’re asking but I will try to respond. First, the image I sent was not my actual model but a clearer way to illustrate my problem. I picked another project (with no added D5 objects) to see if I was having the same error. Your solution solution (of launching from a perspective view) did result in that model showing up. When I tried that solution on my actual model it had no result. The real model in D5 has a location of x:14536,y:30094,z:-2 which may be the bottom corner of the grouped exported objects. Is that what you’re asking? Your message made me think that maybe I should break up my model (parse out the landscape as a separate export) and see if that has an effect. Exporting a DRS from Revit worked 50% of the time on the six models I tested (sometimes elements end up in strange places). So I am still experimenting with that but so far breaking up the problem model is not helping. Maybe the whole D5 file is corrupt? I’m not sure.

Hello, could you see the size information of your model in the right bar?
And could you tell me the version of your plugin. If you try to move the camera in D5, does the model appear?

1 Like

HI. I meant what LunaLang added, i.e. the model coordinates must be at x=0, y=0, z=0. That is, your project’s axes on D5 must be at those coordinates to see it, because the entire loaded project becomes a block with axes, just like you load a D5 object. It’s easiest when you design in Revit to start at an edge of a building wall from those 0,0,0 coordinates and then extend it with the design, so when you load with sync in D5, which takes you from those coordinates, you’ll see the project, so you will have hassle-free synchronization. You should get your project on Revit, move it to those coordinates and check if it’s okay, if it doesn’t, it could be that it’s the version of the plugin that doesn’t work on Revit 2024, so listen to what LunaLag can do to help you .
It’s about understanding how the D5 program works in conjunction with Revit and managing it without consequences. Once you learn this, everything else comes easily.
Come on, you’re almost there. :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

Hi @LunaLang. Selecting the Revit model results in the attached inspector readings. The Revit Sync plug-in is version 0.4.6.006 and I am running D5 version 2.5.2.0332. And no, moving the camera does not result in the Revit model appearing. Thanks for your help figuring this out.

Hmm…again, thank you for your input. None of the models I have managed to open in D5 have had x=0, y=0, z=0 locations and some have shown up and others have not. I wonder what the difference is and why this model showed initially and then disappeared.

Also take a look at whether the layer is on or off, you know if you turn your eye off you don’t see your project

Thank you for your feedback. I suggest you’d better send your scene file to us as well. Maybe we could try to find you model back.

BTW, could you find anything in the history version?

No, the previous versions also are missing the main revit model.

Is there a special way of exporting for sending you the scene? Or should I send a zip file with all the sub-folders or something?

Please send us all the sub-folders and I suggest send your revit file to us as well.