**D5 Render Version:3.1.1
**Graphics Card:RTx 5070 ti (Asus Rog xg mobile egpu)
**Driver Version:610.88
**Issue Description: I have a lennovo P14s laptop with Nvidia RTX 500 ada as inbuilt gpu. D5 works fine and on the top of D5 statics GPU shows reading correctly about GPU usage. D5 runs fine. When I connect my egpu, D5 recognised 5070ti correctly but in D5 top stats shows 0.0% and it stutters every 2second. I can see in task mnager its using the gpu but for some reason its not updating gpu stats and stuttering in D5.
**Screenshots/Videos Description:
D5 Render can work with an external GPU (eGPU), but it’s not officially tested and results vary by setup.
eGPU setups depend a lot on your laptop model, enclosure, and drivers. Some users run D5 smoothly with an eGPU, others run into crashes or recognition issues.
Our team doesn’t officially test eGPU configurations, so we may not be able to fix eGPU-specific problems.
What we can suggest are the following:
Use Thunderbolt 4 or later
If D5 runs slowly or doesn’t detect the eGPU, check the NVIDIA Control Panel → 3D Settings to make sure D5 Render is set to use your eGPU
Hi @Clov . Thanks for the reply. I finally figured out the issue with the help of Chatgpt.
Anyone who is seeking help on this just disable the Discrete GPU inside device manager and keep EGPU and Intel graphics enabled. Restart pc with egpu intact (Check in device manger Discrete Gpu still disabled). Everything runs fine then !