Incorrect CULL behavior when scattering vegetation

**D5 Render Version: 3.1.1.0758
**Graphics Card: 3070 mobile
**Driver Version: last
Issue Description:
Screenshots/Videos Description:
Steps to Reproduce (optional):
I’m trying to scatter grass, and there’s one thing that bothers me. I’m using D5 together with 3ds Max.

So, in the scene, I have two objects from 3ds Max: the main scene itself and the trees, which I imported into D5 as a separate object.

I don’t understand why, when I scatter the vegetation with the imported “Trees” object turned off, the grass covers the entire lawn area. But when I turn “Trees” on, the grass stops growing underneath them, leaving a large bald patch!

When the trees are not present or are turned off, everything works fine.

Is there any way to control this behavior?


Hi @dessirio

I imported a tree from 3ds Max and used the Scatter tool, but it doesn’t seem to produce the same results.

  • Can you please send us your D5 File and the vegetation model so we can also check it on our end?

Hi. Is there any way to include the scene in the archive automatically when saving? What folders should be included in the archive?

I’ve noticed that very often, when I hover the cursor over an object while adding it to CULL, a completely different object is highlighted, and sometimes the object can’t be selected at all.

Are there any specific requirements for objects added to CULL?

Hi @dessirio

The full D5 project archive is the entire folder containing your .drs scene file. Compress and move the entire parent directory of the .drs file to keep all assets intact.

As for cull effects, it may be caused by the following:

  1. The object is locked in the “Object” list. Locked models can only be selected in the list, not directly in the scene. Unlock them to select them in the scene.

  2. The layer where the object is located is locked or hidden, causing the object’s name in the scene list to be grayed out .

Can you share a screen recording of the full process? Or you can send the file so we can test it on our end.