How to import model archicad

Hello, I’m having some trouble when syncing my ArchiCAD model. Objects that have been cut in a certain way to achieve the right material appearance (like a wood floor) import by material. Is there any way to grab just one part of the model, not just by material?

Kind regards,
K

Halo,

Didn’t quite catch your question. Do you mean the dividing lines of the texture? For example, wooden floors? Can you describe it in more detail? It would be nice if there were supporting images, it would be more helpful for me to locate your issue. Thanks!

thank you for getting back to me :slight_smile:
I’m struggling with placing the texture on the model in D5 as it comes in as one big block, I’m guessing it is being imported by material. In my Archicad file it consist of separate parts, changing all the parts in archicad that are suppose to have the texture going in one direction is really time consuming, so I was hoping there was a easier way in D5 to change them.
this image is from archicad, and just shows how the model is cut

Thanks for further clarification. Yes, D5 doesn’t meet this need at the moment. Parts with the same material in the modelling software will be recognized as a whole after importing into D5, if you want to keep them independent, you need to give them different materials/colours in the modelling software first, and then reapply other materials in D5. For your wooden floor, I suppose giving each heel a different material is not a good way to go about it. I suggest you use mapping (materials in D5 assets library/import your own textures) and apply materials directly in D5.