High Res preview better than render

Hi there,

I have noticed on occasion that my high res preview seems to be more ‘realistic’ than my actual render which I find to be bizarre. My previews look ok and somewhat realistic however the render looks quite plastic, especially the glass. I have rendered in both 4k and 6k and it still does not look great.
I am currently on the normal (not pro) version but I don’t believe there is a rendering difference, or is there?
Some of my previous renderings have come out looking amazing but I feel like it is hit-and-miss and not consistent; I either get a great rendering or a plastic-looking one.

Below are snippets of my high res preview and my 6k render. The top one is the high res preview and the bottom one is the 6k render.

1 Like

Hi la.jay06,

To confirm, what material do you use for the building’s facade? Is it Glass material from D5 library?
It seems the transparency and roughness need to be adjusted.

The final renders’ light calculation is more accurate, and the exposure is affected by the auto-exposure option. By the way, the sky (HDRI)'s directions are different in your two images…

You can try these free buildings from D5 library:

Also, to get D5 Pro for free, you can join these events:
Participate in D5 events to win D5 Pro! - News - D5 RENDER FORUM