HDR quality problem

D5 Render Version: 2.3
Graphics Card:RTX 3070 8GB

Issue Description: When I use default HDR or imported ones the quality looks pixelated even its 8K, any solutions?

Thanks.

Hi mate, can you screenshot it or send the files to us for troubleshooting? support@d5techs.com

1 Like

Common D5 issue…!

3 Likes

Hi mate, can you render a picture to see its performance? the HDR map looks close to your scene, Is your model big or far away from the 0,0,0 point? what’s the size of this HDR map? You can also send the file to us for troubleshooting.

Looks like im having the same issue . Even the default HDR maps are rendering out pixelated. Im at the 0,0,0 location. Im on the most recent update version too.

Hi guys, @hichemmustapha @atelierHKD @aaime,

HD HDRI is more resource intensive when previewing, so the D5 render compresses the HDRI to 2k when previewing to ensure accurate real-time lighting is provided.

The output is based on the actual size of the imported HDRI (maximum 8k). I have also tested the same HDRI maps in D5 and other rendering software, the output performance is similar.

The default HDR is 5k, you can also download the others in the “Poly Haven” Poly Haven

So if you guys have a problem with the unclear HDR, can you send the maps to us for troubleshooting? Thank you for your feedback.
support@d5techs.com

1 Like

Thanks Bruce. I was able to get it to work right after some more testing. 8k resolution HDRI works pretty good after rendering

Thank you for the update!

Here’s the model and the render, same problem.

Hi mate, what’s the size of your HDRI? The preview is usually low compared with the rendered one. I test it with an 8k HDRI, It looks good. If you still think the performance is not good, you can post it in "Idea & Request“ and vote for that. we will look into it and consider to improve.

1 Like

It’s 8K and it looks pixelated in both, preview and render.

Hi mate, can you send us the HDRI file for troubleshooting? I also test it in different rendering software, they look similar. Is it probably caused by the HDRI itself?
support@d5techs.com