Flickering Materials after relinking D5 to Sketchup

D5 Render Version: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop, Driver Version: 532.10

I’m new to D5 and might be making a rookie error. I followed a YouTube tutorial for creating an ocean scene using SketchUp and D5. Here’s what I did: Created the scene in SketchUp. Applied materials in D5 using LiveSync. Imported objects into D5 (.skp files, Mega Scans, and D5 objects). Textured the model in D5. Saved projects in both SketchUp and D5.

Problem: When linking the projects (opened the scene in SketchUp, connected to D5, and used Sync Local project), the water texture and other textures in D5 were replaced by the original SketchUp textures, causing texture flickering (e.g., sand texture).

Question: What am I doing wrong? The scene looks correct when opened independently in D5, but the textures don’t transfer correctly when linked with SketchUp.

Final Screenshot: Shows the scene as it should look in D5.

Hello @j.hogan

Thanks for the clear description of your workflow.

• After selecting ‘Sync local Project’, it will pop up this window, right? You can choose to create a new model or replace an existing one.
    In this step, you should select the previously synced model file in the list, and click ‘Replace and link’. Remember to tick the ‘Material’ option as well.

• Please also check if there are two same models in the object list, the overlapping of models can result in the flickering of textures.

YES… Thank you. I don’t know how I missed that.

Thanks

1 Like