File path is too long. Can Save As new but not save after

I’ve been using D5 to produce renderings for various projects within the company I work for. We use Dropbox and try and keep everything organized which can get pretty up there for the file path length due to all the folders, but haven’t had issues within any of the other programs I’ve used in the past (Rhino 3D, Keyshot, Blender).

With D5 I’ve been noticing I keep getting “Save Failed. The file path is too long, please select another location” which has really been hindering my workflow of organization within Dropbox. Here’s an example of one D5 file I’ve saved:

“C:\Users\rr\Company Dropbox\Company Design Team\Company Active Projects\Company\Projects\9999_Project Name RR-PB\Render Files\D5 Render Files\Round 3\RR-PB_Option 3_D5\RR-PB_Option 3_D5.drs”

I could probably trim one folder from there but these projects really build up and I prefer to organize accordingly during the process. But either way the one gripe I have is:

I can create a new D5 project and save it within the folder I linked above (same file path and everything) and it saves totally fine. But then when I go to save it again later it gives me the error (file path too long). Which is just confusing as it was able to save it before when initially creating it yet when I go to save it again it’s like nope too long!

Is there some way to fix this so there’s no file path length restriction?
Or will I just have to work around this?

Hello friend,

Sorry for your issue. Could you take a screenshot to show me the error popup that reports that the save failed because the file path is too long?

For sure, here’s a photo:

1 Like

Halo,

I have conveyed this issue to our team. Please send your log file to me directly or support@d5techs.com (please attach a link to this post in the email) for further checking. You can refer to this post to learn how to collect logs. D5 Support Tool. Thanks in advance. :heartbeat:

It can easily be handled by longpath tool.