Dll errors at startup

I’m contacting with regards to an issue one of my students is having with launching D5. The error message reads “The program cannot be launched because of DLL errors in the system…”. She has the RTX 3060 (tried current and previous drivers) and have run the directx repair utility. Tried installing earlier version (only version 2 shows intro screen). She is running Windows 11 which I think is the issue. I’ve tried updating Windows but didn’t work. It was running for a bit before it started giving the dll error at startup, but a lot of the interface wasn’t responsive (i.e. couldn’t select interface content placement items like lights, foliage, etc…).

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Chris

Hi, cbullen. I think the problem could be caused by antivirus program or firewalls, you can turn off your antivirus software to have a try. Also check this post to see if it helps. Got notification of "Launch failure might be caused by system DLLs missing, try to repair it automatically?" or stop loading at 0% - #4 by Oliver.J Let me know if you need further help.

Hi, please reinstall D5 Render with antivirus software off(they may delete some dll file mistakenly).
If the problem remains, run again the DLL repair tool on this page:
Got notification of “Launch failure might be caused by system DLLs missing, try to repair it automatically?” or stop loading at 0% - Get Help / AnswerHub - D5 RENDER FORUM

If it still will not work, can we remote access for tech support?

Thank you Oliver and Vicki

I did try disabling Norton Anti-Virus and didn’t have any success. Perhaps uninstalling the anti-virus altogether and re-trying. I’ve also included Sarah (the one who is having issues with her computer) to help facilitate the support.

Sarah if you’d like to try uninstalling Norton Anti-Virus and re-install D5 into a new directory when prompted and let everyone here know if that worked. If not you can arrange for more help with Oliver Jure or Vicki Yi from D5.

All the best
Chris

ok, this step is very important: run the repair tool

Got notification of “Launch failure might be caused by system DLLs missing, try to repair it automatically?” or stop loading at 0% - Get Help / AnswerHub - D5 RENDER FORUM

Hi Oliver

I did run the repair tool and it didn’t fix the issue, but that was with Norton Anti-Virus disabled, not un-installed. It shouldn’t have caused an issue, but I think having it removed entirely will help.

Sarah if you can try removing the Norton Anti-Virus and run the repair tool again to see if that fixes it.

All the best
Chris

yes, if the problem remains, try reinstalling D5 Render also.
Is this the first time she used D5 Render? maybe we need to know the hardware info and video driver version.

This is the first time Sarah has used D5. When she initially installed it it ran without issue. The interface had areas greyed out though but we could navigate the scene and make material changes, but couldn’t add lights or foliage (they were greyed out). When we tried to open another scene the dll error started to show up. She tried the latest driver, and even rolled the driver back but it didn’t fix it. She has the RTX 3060.

Sarah can you confirm the driver version? Search ‘Device Manager’ and in the ‘Display Adapters’ select your video card. Right click and choose ‘Properties’. Let Oliver know the driver version.

All the best
Chris

1 Like

Hi Sarah

Try installing the current version which is 497.09 (yours currently is 471.68) and try again. Here’s the link

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/184004/

All the best
Chris

Awesome!!!

Oliver thank you so much for your attention with this! Great product, great support, happy to direct students to D5 :wink:

All the best!
Chris

Hello, thank you! So, the problem is resolved on Sarah’s computer?

Yes it is. Thank you Oliver!

All the best
Chris

1 Like

okok, no problem :+1:

Hello! I am having the same issue with windows 11 and nvidia rtx 4080. I tried all automatic and manuel fix options but it remains the same. Is there any other solution?

Hello e.orkuncihan

I had this problem for 3 months but I solved it as I describe in the post that I transcribe here,

I have two Workstations with two Pro licenses in each one, both with the same system and configuration, but when updating to version 2.4 in one of them the Dll error problem appeared.

It seems that when D5 is loaded or updated, this file is deleted by the antivirus or the firewall, or I don’t know what, but not always.

For more than 2 months I tried all the solutions on the forum except the remote intervention of my PC by the D5 support team.

I solved it by replacing the incorrectly loaded Dll manually in Windows System 32.

There are several solutions on the internet on how to do it, many of them did not let me replace the file because the permissions did not allow it even though I had allowed them.

In order not to harm the equipment, my IT consultant did it to configure the system for me, and he could only do it by renaming the Dll file with a different name, then the permissions worked.

This is the forum link for this problem, there is a solution out there that works better for you than it does for me.

https://forum.d5render.com/t/got-notification-of-launch-failure-might-be-caused-by-system-dlls-missing-try-to-repair-it-automatically-or-stop- loading-at-0/3159

And if not, here you have instructions on how to change the DLL manually, look for the one that is most suitable for your system.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dll+file+problem+fix

Greetings

Hi @JoeLouis I have the same issue, can you let me know what kind/name of the dll file that you loaded into windows 32?

thank you.