D5 sync with revit 2021

Hey there!

Revit plugin is being blocked by windows antivirus system!

Another thing is that if you turn off windows live antivirus to install the addin, it says that d5 is using the same GUID as another revit app.

For revit, could you guys post the exporter on Autodesk Revit addins store? Would be nice to be on the official Autodesk apps page.

Could you guys take a look at it?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hello, you can open %APPDATA%/Autodesk/Revit/Addins/{Revit Version}/D5Converter.addin, and replace any letter or digit in ClientID field (the structure of the ID must not change).

Well, it loaded, but now I have this failed to initialize problem! Any tips?02

How have you changed ClinetID? You must replace one bit (digit or letter, nothing else), and the length and the structure should remain the sameā€¦

try using an online guid generatorā€¦ (like this https://www.guidgenerator.com/online-guid-generator.aspx and you can find many others)
Iā€™ve found that when you manually change the ClientID you may get an invalid one

I reinstalled it, did the same thing, changing only one number instead or a number and a letter and it worked.

Thanks, but I still feel that I need to first export from Revit to 3ds MAX, to add details! the more modelling the better image I get!

Thanks for the help!