D5 "silent crash" - new system

I’ve been using D5 for a few months and I love it.

I just built a new system, Windows 10, and it worked on it fine for a few days.

However, I had to keep installing software I need for work - CorelDraw, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. … and eventually D5 stopped loading.

There’s no error message, no crash, it just opens for 1-2 seconds, and closes.

I tried uninstalling everything, booting up in Safe Mode, etc. No results.

Tried loading the latest AMD Radeon (6700 XT) drivers. No results.

Just took the drastic step of resetting Windows to the initial state. No results. Still opens and closes.

It DID work initially - so I don’t understand why it’s not working now.
It DID work on DirectX 11 and 12 - now it’s not working with either.

This makes ZERO sense.

Help.

Hello, try to use the graphics card driver with version number Adrenalin 22.8.1. I hope it will help you.

Did that, rebooted, same issue. D5 opens & closes.

What’s ridiculous is that it did work on this system, when I first started it.

Rather than blindly trying to change drivers, etc - is there any way to log what actually happens, what’s the error or condition that forces the program to close?

I can’t see any log files in the D5 folder.

halo, do you mean that you haven’t run D5 successfully since you updated your windows version (even if you’re using AMD 22.8.1)?
AMD 22.8.1 download link:https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-8-1

What version of windows you used normally previously and you abnormally using now (please be precise about the minor version)?
System Requirements for D5 Render | Hardware test - Get Help / How to - D5 RENDER FORUM

Yes, I was able to run it when I first installed Windows 10, but now it’s not working.

I even accepted the upgrade to Windows 11, but that didn’t solve it.

I tried the downgrade from the latest AMD video driver to the Adrenalin version you’re recommending, but that didn’t solve it.

It’s the same exact issue - opens, I can see the splash screen, and closes immediately.

Is there a log file we can look at to see what the problem is?

This is my system specs. The videocard is a Radeon RX 6700 XT, 12 GB VRAM.

Hi there, please run the D5 Support tool to collect a log file and send it to us for troubleshooting.
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Besides, could you let me know when you started to use D5 Render? I guess you may use an old version, not D5 Render 2.5.

zziplog.zip (384.7 KB)

Yes, I’m using the latest version. Here’s the zipped log file (by the way, I E-mailed it to you previously, never got a reply, so trying it here as an attachment).

Any ideas?

Guys, it’s been 2 days. No progress?

Anything? Come on. I even reached out on Discord and linked this thread. Can you help me or no?

Sorry, is it convenient for you to have us help you remotely at this time? You can arrange a suitable time with us.

Hi Carmonaluxury
Sorry for intervening, I’m a colleague, maybe there’s nothing serious about your PC, I read the discussion with the D5 staff. I don’t know any more than them. But I’ll give you an intuition that may solve the problem, you have both window and paid antiviruses, see if in those antiviruses they somehow block the D5 activation, you have to find a file of the program in quarantine and click on it above and make sure that the antivirus does not block it for you.
Maybe this is what doesn’t make the program move forward, if it’s not this I hope you solve it as soon as possible together with the D5 staff, who are fantastic, you need to have a little patience. Come on courage :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

I uninstalled all antiviruses, disabled everything in Windows Security, uninstalled and reinstalled D5. Same problem - opens, closes.

The last thing in the log file is:

I20231019 19:29:34.469345 32204 fusionprocesshelper.cpp:67] ProcessMonitor::crashed
E20231019 19:29:34.469345 15424 fusionprocesshelper.cpp:260] Fusion not ready

Could this “Fusion” have something to do with it?

Hi carmonaluxuru
Sorry for the inconvenience, I read what happened, but I didn’t want to make you uninstall the antivirus, but go into quarantine, especially the Defender one, find a D5 file, you can see this from the path, which goes directly into the D5 folder of the program that is blocking it , you just had to find this file, click on it and have it activated, if this was there. If, however, there is nothing of this kind in quarantine, then it is another type of problem. What you did didn’t give any results, in fact you said that Fuscion maybe wasn’t working. I did a search based on the message you posted, maybe it helps you understand what could have happened:

This, again to understand the problem, perhaps those of the D5 staff will understand more than me
Good luck, Strength is courage