[D5 Render Challenge II] Welcome To THE OCEAN Restaurant in Paris -Rodolphe GUGLIELMI

:star2: About the Challenge

Theme: Welcome To THE OCEAN Restaurant in Paris
Artist: Rodolphe GUGLIELMI
Graphics Card: RTX 3090
Workflow: Sketchup + Cinema 4D + Cadmapper to find the volumes of the Parisian Building and topology + D5 for the rendering (100%)
Post-processing: Photoshop for adjustment additive materiel. After effect to prepare animated textures (Fire place, flame, fountain water, aquariums, caustic for D5 projector, etc.). Some videos were used as materiel. Adobe Premier for Editing.
Source of assets that are not from D5 asset library: Sketchup library 3D Warehouse

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Description of the work:

“The scene takes place in a luxury restaurant in Paris. This restaurant is the fruit of my imagination which mixes several themes that I appreciate:
Aquariums, gastronomy and the world of Jules Verne & Gustave Eiffel (the Eiffel Tower’s builder). Eiffel Tower that I positioned in the background.

The objective of this restaurant is to mix luxury and the universe of these 2 great men + the giant aquariums which bring the spirit of 20,000 leagues under the sea.

The story behind the distance is as follows :
I lived more than fifteen years in Paris but I left Paris at the time of the Covid, to go to Costa Rica at 9400 kilometers away. This project allowed me to make a virtual trip to Paris and remember the beauty of “Paris, La ville Lumière” (Paris, the light city)."

:earth_africa: Location of your scene: Paris

:round_pushpin: Distance: 9400km

2 Likes

Hello Rodolphe Guglielmi.
Beautiful job, you made me travel and remember a book by Jules Verne ‘Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea’, it felt like I was in Captain Nemo’s submarine in the Nautilus.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

@riccardofortelli I was also reminded of that novel :nerd_face:

1 Like